Odd smell

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 12, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I really like the consistency of this moisturizer, but I am sorry to say that the smell is quite awful. My husband and my children won't go near me when I use this cream. For being unscented this cream smells a lot. It is a quite heavy and sweet pumpkin like scent. I normally love Acure, but this time i was disappointed. I also bought one of Acure's new shower gels with buckthorne and the smell of this one was just as bad, if not worse.

Not a bad product, but contains cetearyl alcohol and phenethyl alcohol, which may irritate dry, sensitive, and delicate skin.

Posted by Caerulea on May 10, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Well, there are a lot of great things about this facial cream with argan oil and probiotics: it's vegan, organic, sulfate, paraben, petroleum, phthalate, PEG, silicon, gluten, synthetic fragrance and cruelty free, doesn't clog pores and contains a lot of safe, natural and beneficial ingredients, such as aloe leaf juice, chamomile flower and olive leaf extracts, soothing, toning and healing delicate and damaged skin, calming itching, reducing redness and inflammation; açaí berry, blackberry, rosehips, pomegranate, and rooibos, powerful antioxidants brightening, revitalizing and firming the skin and preventing premature aging; chamomile-derived alpha-bisabol ol and naturally occurring allantoin, skin conditioning, protecting, and soothing agents; babas su and shea butters, vegetable glycerin, sesame, oat kernel, olive, and argan oils, deeply moisturizing, nourishing and softening the skin, improving moisture retention and preventing dryness and dehydration; chlorella growth factor, white horehound and echinacea stem cultures, Irish moss, lactobacillus, rice bran extracts, and ubiquinone (CoQ10), supporting and strengthening the skin's defensive mechanisms, improving cellular circulation, stimulating cell renewal and collagen production, restoring the skin's elasticity, smoothing out fine lines and wrinkles; glyceryl caprylate, a safe skin conditioning, emollient, and emulsifying agent; hydrogenated coco-glycerides, a naturally derived emulsifier from glucose and vegetable oils, forming a barrier on the skin’s surface to reduce water loss and softening skin; olive oil unsaponifiables and glucose, safe humectants and skin conditioning agents; orange peel wax, corn-derived sodium levulinate, fennel-derived sodium anisate, and vitamin E, natural preservatives and fragrances, as well as emulsion stabilizers, binders, and skin conditioning and emollient agents; sunflower-derived glycerophosphoinositol lysine, a strong antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiviral, and antifungal agent, preventing and fighting infection and inflammation. But this facial cream contains cetearyl alcohol and phenethyl alcohol, as well. Even though these ingredients are not dangerous or toxic, they may irritate dry and delicate skin and cause allergic reactions. Overall, this product is not bad at all, and much better and safer that many other similar products, but it's not the best choice for very sensitive and dehydrated skin. And the smell is not the most pleasant one, it's hard to get over it. I don't think I would order it again.

The product is very nice but the smell is awfull

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 27, 2014 | Verified Purchase

It is really good for sensitive skin, seems a bit oily at first but it's actually OK. A major downside is the smell, like some kind of rottem-moldy scent.

Too rich for summer

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 19, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This product is rich, good to use at night or in winter. A bit too rich for summer though. Also the scent is not quite nice but still acceptable.

Perfect for really dry skin

Posted by greenandclean on Jul 15, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Very moisturizing, even a bit too much for my skin. Stings a little when first applied, but not for long. I love it, but it's too heavy for everyday use, at least for me. The ingredients are awesome, but in the future I'll just order one of the AO body lotions because they are much bigger and cheaper, but still contains many of the same things.

very nice cream

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 26, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Yes it has a smell. But it's not as bad as most people describe. It disappears quite fast. By the way, with it having probiotics and chlorella in it, it makes sense that it'd have a smell. But very helpful. I have extremely dry skin that flakes and breaks out. This cream did not bother at all.

Great!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 15, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Wonderful product. I agree with another review about thickness. This cream is quite thick so it is better for night since it does not fully absorb for cosmetic application. The natural aroma of the product is not masked, but is not offensive either.

Love it.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 08, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Love how soft my face feels!

Scent was not so great

Posted by PurpleHeart on Jan 25, 2016 | Verified Purchase

For me the scent of this was so off-putting that I didn't want to keep using on my face. Smelled a little like spoiled milk? I normally love this brand so perhaps I received a bad batch? I'd recommend if you can get a whiff of this in real life before you purchase.

very much scented

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 29, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Unfortunately this cream has a very unpleasant taste of sour milk.. Otherwise I like how it lays on the skin. After applying it, i have a slight tingling sensation. But the smell just makes it completely unpleasant for me

1 2 3 4