Good for Simple Water Testing

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 10, 2013 | Verified Purchase

After trying out test strips, I read that they were not always accurate. So, I researched digital meters and found out they can be fickle. The best meters, of course, are out of my price range, and all I want to do is test my drinking water. I couldn't find a better choice for the money, and if I doubt a test strip reading, I can just try, again with a new one. It seems to be accurate because the levels changed when I added different amounts of alkalizing drops. I'm sure it's not as accurate as professional lab meters, but it seems to work fine for simple water testing. You just match the colors up as closely as you can. They have two colors on the strip which is better than those that have only one.

Very Imprecise

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 30, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I found these strips to be only slightly better than useless. Out of the bottle, the color matches what the bottle indicates is a ph of 4. This color didn't change noticeably when I dipped them in either water or coffee, two liquids that should register very different results. After pouring a ton of mineral drops into some water, I did finally get a visible reaction - unfortunately the color was very murky and difficult to read. Also, the darker ink tends to run off the strips, meaning the resulting color may no longer be accurate. From what I can tell, these strips give you some clue as when you cross the acid/alkaline threshold, but that's about it. I'm not even sure I trust them for that...

Not so great

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 22, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Doesn't really seem to be very accurate. I agree with another reviewer that it was a waste of money.

good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 26, 2012 | Verified Purchase

good

Doesn't Have Two-Color Matching Like In Photo

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 05, 2014 | Verified Purchase

The photo wrongly shows a two-color matching system, this not exactly what you get.

Good for nothing!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 03, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Absolutely useless! Most worthless test strips you can buy!

alkaline water strips

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 21, 2011 | Verified Purchase

seem to work as well as any other - I will order again