Burns very quickly. Wick inconsitent.

Posted by filmoyster on Oct 10, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This has a much shorter burn time than the less eco-friendly tea lites - so I'm not sure if these are actually better for the environment if I need to stock more, burn more, and have more shipped to my home. Also no matter which way I trimmed the wick - it would either be too short or too long and resulted in either too big a flame or a flame that would keep going out.

The Caring Light

Posted by The3Treasures on Jan 06, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I could not wait to get these tea light candles because I was curious about what would make them so special. Well I just opened the iherb box, and then the candle box. I noticed 3 things right away. One, I noticed that the candles were a buttery yellow instead of a waxy white. The second thing I noticed was that the "wax" was velvety, smooth and more like an firm oil that a hard and waxy substance. The third thing I noticed was that it looked larger than what I was used to. When I pulled out the tea light candles I'm currently using to compare, I saw that yes, even though the tea lights were the same diameter, the new one from this company was twice the height. I also noticed that the newly purchased tea lights had a craftsman-like quality and were more substantial. This makes me believe that the producer of this candle cares about the product. It also makes it easier to believe that they are a fair trade product in which the workers are paid a decent wage, work under humane conditions and have benefits -- like it says on the package and on the iherb website. I feel as though the workers care about the product too and that that care has arrived in my home, in my hands. I plan to use these candles for aromatherapy via use of a essential oil burner/diffuser. I also plan to burn these tea lights in my salt crystal candle holders. So, the care of the company and its workers has turned into the care of my mental health, and physical and spiritual well-being. The ambient glow of light, the ability to gain 60 hours of burning from one box of these candles translates to the potential for 60 hours of peace, calm, and joy. I in turn can share this with the public and the care continues.

Good combination of price & quality

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 02, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I love these inexpensive and eco-friendly candles, reorder them all the time

burn slowly, and no smoking

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 09, 2013 | Verified Purchase

These are good quality tea lights that I use regularly. I preferred the look and feel of the plastic base much more before they replaced with a metal base, but I suppose they had environmental concerns? Or possibly there was some melting issues, I'm not sure but they are long lasting, clean burning.

love them!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 11, 2012 | Verified Purchase

burn clean, no smell -- lovely!

Burn clean

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 14, 2011 | Verified Purchase

These candles burn long and clean. Have been looking for affordable, healthy burning tea candles. Wish they were poured into recyclable containers.

Excellent product, price is a bargain

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 03, 2011 | Verified Purchase

These tea lights burn for 4-5 hours (as indicated) with a good strong flame. Clean burning. Thought that they would come in metal cups, but they are actually in plastic cups. Worked fine for my oil burner.

Burns nicely

Posted by ViolaHolmgren on Jan 23, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Burns nicely but not for very long.

Tea lights

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 09, 2014 | Verified Purchase

The tea lights lasts a very short time, but that's a small price to pay for a healthy, earth friendly warm atmosphere in the room a cold dark Norwegian winter evening

Great candles

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 19, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Burn well and clear. I thought they would last a little longer. It didn't seem more than 3 hours. Recyclable containers would give them 4 stars.

1 2 3 4