Very tasty!

Posted by ChiaSeed on Aug 23, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I really liked this sticky rice. I get tired of eating brown rice every day so try to eat variety of grain. This is my favorite. It is sticky like Japanese rice and goes good with stir-fry veggies. You can make rice balls and they don't crumble like brown rice balls. I'd definitely order again. If you avoid refined carb, this is NOT 100% whole grain. It has some white rice blended in so be careful.

Thai Sticky Purple Rice

Posted by 4771655391055561747 on Dec 12, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This is my first time trying purple rice. Alter Eco's Purple rice was a wonderful surprise. I love the slightly sweet taste and the suggestion of sauteing the rice first added a nice nutty taste as well.I have used it as a side dish, in soups, under stews and stir-fry and as a salad and breakfast with fruits, vegetables and yogurt.I have shared it with several of my friends and they to have enjoyed it and say they will put it in their regular cooking.

Delicious

Posted by Reviewer3356813 on Feb 24, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I love this rice and the price is wonderful for a fair-trade product. As soon as you add the rice to the boiling water, it turns purple. Delicious and satisfying.

Love this rice

Posted by Charybdis on Jun 20, 2013 | Verified Purchase

The rice cooks up sticky and purple, just like in the title. The flavor is great, a light jasmine flavor. I love eating it plain as part of dinner or stirring in a bit of coconut milk with cinnamon and sugar for a quick rice pudding. I hope iherb never stops carrying this product. I also like supporting fair trade and non gmo producers like Alter Eco!

Alter Eco, Purple Jasmine Rice, Colorful Sticky Rice is a TASTY Rice!

Posted by BeckySue on Mar 13, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Like that Alter Eco Purple Rice is a unique tasty grain that is sticky when cooked and has a delicate, sweet perfume. This traditional rice is used by local communities for feasts and celebrations.

Liked it

Posted by 5433023410743343225 on Sep 18, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Tasty and fun. I'm giving it only four stars because of the price.