Gets stuck

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 22, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Dont buy this unless you dont care about the blade protector getting stuck. After cutting a couple of pills, this pill splitter got slow and hard to work with becouse of the cutting blade protector getting stuck an not moving as it was supposed. Its not god to remove it eighter, becouse it is part of the spring mecanism to keep it tight. It is possible to use, it just harder, and the blade is open for nicks to the finger if one is not careful Conclusion: My advise - Buy another one.

Okay, splitter

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 29, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Plastic is pretty cheap and the "safe guard" for the blade gets stuck a lot, which is slightly annoying. It gets the job done at least!

Just remove the annoying protector

Posted by Monkiki on Oct 16, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Works great after I removed the blade protector

Great pill slpitter

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 08, 2016 | Verified Purchase

This has done a good job on most of the pills I have to split. I am splitting for cats so the pills are small to begin with and this does remarkably well on most of them. I like the fact that the area the pill goes in is a softer neoprene type material and not the hard plastic my old one had. Therefore the pill is lightly gripped and doesn't slide around and get off kilter. I didn't care for the way it split the square pepcid pill in half it was a little hard to line it up right so I went back to splitting this with a good sharp knife. The only problem I had was in splitting a larger pill into1/8ths. It did a good job of spitting this pill into 4ths and then I split the last with a knife. I have not had any trouble yet with the guard getting stuck and I have been using it for about a month cutting multiple pills per cat for 3 cats daily dosing. I think if it does I would figure out a way to cut/remove it as I would find it too frustrating to try to unstick it every time I tried to cut pills. I have too may pills that must be split each day/week for my ill cats to put up with a malfunctioning splitter. My old splitter did not have a guard and I have never cut myself with it. Overall I am pleased with this splitter it does so much better then the old one I had.

Works fine but not quality product!!!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 24, 2016 | Verified Purchase

This pill splitter works fine and cuts my huge vitamin pills with ease. However, the build quality is average and I'm pretty sure it won't last very long. If used daily, I'll give it a life expectancy of no more than 8 months. I do expect better quality from things made in the U. S.

Sometimes it's good; sometimes not...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 21, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I've bought this three times so far and it's been relatively good twice, although one of these had the plastic cover over the razor blade break. The most recent one never worked well, the hinge was stiff and it just kept crumbling pills. I ended up cutting out the plastic covering the razor and it works a bit better, but still not quite right. Over all: not very reliable.

Shoddy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 26, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Broke in the first week of delicate use. Even for the price, I expected better.

Good!

Posted by TriedandTested on Sep 09, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Low price, sharp, works really well. Easy, nifty, awesome. Is useful for pills of all sizes and shapes.

SIMPLEMENTE GENIAL

Posted by UrsulaRupin on Apr 23, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Se lo compré a mi madre, ya que ella tiene una medicación de por vida y tiene un medicamento en concreto del cual tiene que tomar 1/2 pastilla diaria, bueno...pues no puede estar más contenta, la verdad que va genial y no importa el tamaño de la pastilla que la corta igual de bien. Cuando este ya se haga viejo sin duda volveremos a comprar otro. ||| Si consideras útil esta información™ valorala, puedes entrar en mi página y ver otras reviews |||

A must have at home

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 24, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Perfect to cut small to large pills. Love it

1 2 3 4