Yummy!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 09, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This barley cooks up wonderfully. The grains stay separated and it has the right "nutty" taste that barley should have. I've also toasted it prior to cooking and the nutty flavor comes out even more. It's a favorite morning cereal around our house as well as a great soup addition.

i live on this stuff

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 01, 2014 | Verified Purchase

its easy to cook, tastes excellent in soups, stews or as a breakfast cereal with a little honey. pearled barley is considered a medicinal food in TCM. my acupuncurist recommends this food for several ailments. i really recommend this - and of course, iherb

Organic pearled barley

Posted by karishma on Jun 02, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Best organic pearled barley around! Love the taste and great in soups!!!

good for baby food

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 27, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I mix 2 parts Lundberg wild blend rice with 1 part this barley and my daughter loves it!!

Healthy!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 29, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Add it to all your soups, stews, etc...

Great

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 02, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Hard to find organic barley that is not bulk, this one is good!

Great stuff.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 13, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I make organic food for my dogs and this is a part of their daily diet. They love it. I also use it for soups for myself. It is a good quality, substantial barley.

great taste

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 03, 2009 | Verified Purchase

grains expanded ~ 50% after cooked. It would be better for me if the grains were smaller in size, but good tasting.

Great Nutritious Stuff

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 04, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Add some into your rice and after cooking ... you'll know the difference!

Finally we found a great pearl barley

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 01, 2016 | Verified Purchase

My wife and I prepare vegetable soup several times a month - so tasty and we know what exactly went into it. Canned commercial soups for the most part are mushy, over salty concoctions. We have a problem finding a really good barley (not the "instant - quick cook" in most grocery stores) and we really enjoy the texture and flavor it adds. This Bob's Red Mill product is like all the others we have found here at iHerb website. Quality products, competitive prices, quick delivey. My next order will definitely include some of their corn meal. We also like to fix what my mother use to serve my family - "Johnny Cakes" fixed in a heavy skillet on top of the stove. The crunchy crust adds so much to the flavor of corn and buttermilk. We eat half of it for one meal and then freeze the left overs to enjoy some other time. I dice up LOTS of fresh jalapeno pepper for my side and when you flip it over (takes some skill to keep it one piece) the peppers brown up nicely - truly outstanding taste !

1 2 3