These are my ground beef substitute

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 07, 2009 | Verified Purchase

These cook up much quicker than the instructions on the wrapper -- to avoid being really mushy, try 25-30 min. When cooked, to my surprise, they were be a pale green/yellow/brown color. Red lentils are my go-to substitute for ground beef (can't eat due to sudden food intolerance) since they are a bit mushy & mix well with spices. I've made sloppy joes with them (cook 1 cup dry to substitute for a pound of ground beef) and also tacos & chili. I use the same spices, give or take, & turns out pretty good, but you'd never mistake it for actual meat. But this way I can eat my version & the rest of my family can have the real deal. I cook the entire bag at once & freeze in the portions I need. For lentil soup, I use brown or green lentils which tend to keep their shape.

Organic is best

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 06, 2008 | Verified Purchase

These red lentils are delicious and work well in Indian recipes. Cook them with onion, garlic, salt and pepper and they become a nice meat substitute served along side brown rice and vegetable of choice.

Great for sprouting

Posted by HealthyGuy on Nov 18, 2008 | Verified Purchase

These lentils are great to sprout and eat raw.

Legume Lovers rejoice!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 26, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Organic and a great value. I pop these in my crock pot with some sliced up ham to recreate a sort of green pea and ham soup. Since these don't cook up red, more of a brown/green lentil color you can actually change the color completely with a few dashes of tumeric to make it yellow like yellow split peas. Texture is lovely and it absorbs flavors well. Will re-order!

Good taste

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 14, 2013 | Verified Purchase

The lentils have a very rich flavor. They are very delicate, do not put them in a pressure cooker because it will melt. We put them to heat for 30 minutes over low heat.

Cook Up Quickly

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 10, 2008 | Verified Purchase

These beans have a pretty color and they taste great. Unlike other dried beans, they cook up quickly.

Beanloaf

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 24, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I make a couple different styles of beanloaf and wanted to try one with red lentils. The bag comes with an easy recipe that was very delicious. I've already ordered more. Good price for organic.

Red lentils

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 19, 2008 | Verified Purchase

These arrived in record time and are of excellent quality

Awesome!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 21, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Great for so many dishes!

Like it

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 08, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Luv it when im doin soups

1 2 3 4