Help

NO ENTERIC COATING AND NO ADDED MINERALS**

Posted by nutranut on Dec 04, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Initially, I used SerraGold, but it has a mineral blend with it. The manufacturer of SerraGold doesn't tell you what minerals are in the blend or in what amounts, just that the minerals are added to prevent destruction of the enzyme in the stomach and to alleviate the need for an enteric coating. If you take any other supplements or a multivitamin/mineral it would definitely be useful to know what minerals are in this product. Also, there was definitely an aftertaste and my perspiration developed a peculiar odor. I love serrapeptase and Serretia is a great product. This is one product I would always include in my regimen. It helps to prevent blood clots and keeps the circulation moving smoother. Also it works on scar tissue and any other "dead" material in the body. I have a scar on my arm from a cyst removal a few years ago. There were lumps of scar tissue on either side of the incision mark. This is almost completely flat after about 5 weeks of taking serrapeptase. I know it also works inside the body too. I have noticed much more flexibility in my neck and back. If you take coumadin or any other blood thinner, you should talk to your doctor before taking this supplement. The main drawback to this brand is the cost. It is more expensive than SerraGold, but has no unknown ingredients in it. It digests and absorbs well.

Works well

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 09, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I use this for respiratory purposes and it does help with sinus issues, lung issues. I wish the price was better. I believe it is helpful in reducing exercise induced pain too. There is published research on serrapeptase, which I encourage people to read. I use one capsule away from food.

Not much help for gout

Posted by NatureHeals on Oct 18, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Tried to use it as an anti-inflammatory remedy during a gout attack however it proved to be fairly inefficient comparing to a prescription NSAID. On the other hand I suggested it to a colleague as a pain relief for a heap joint arthritis and it worked just great. So I guess it's helpful but not for every case.

Helped me with my Crohn's

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 23, 2012 | Verified Purchase

My Husband did a lot of research while I was recently going through a bad flare up with Crohn's and ulcerative colitis. Since taking Serretia, my Crohn's has settled. Unfortunately it has not calmed the ulcerative colitis but I am so excited I don't have to worry about the Crohn's. The Serretia helped the inflammation that was plaguing my intestines from the Crohn's. Great product!

Caused Dreadful Side Effects - BUT.......

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 21, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I wanted to love this product. I truly wanted to love it due to all of the wonderful things that I have heard about serrapeptase and this brand, however, it caused some rather unpleasant side effects. Roughly 6 hours after taking this product (I tried it on 8 different occasions to rule out any other contributing factors) I would start to feel light headed and nauseous with a pins and needles type feeling all over my head and body but my head in particular, within 10-20 minutes of the onset of the nauseous feeling I would begin to vomit quite violently. I will stop right here and say that I have poor digestion due to having had my gall bladder removed 15 years ago and have suffered chronic ibs-d symptoms since removal, these symptoms had worsened over the years to the point where I was unable to eat without explosive diarrhoea within 10 minutes of eating preceded by severe stomach cramps and often vomiting which would then start the diarrhoea. Sorry for tmi. I found out about digestive enzymes 7 months ago and they have had a 100% success rate from very first capsule allowing me to eat without any discomfort whatsoever and allowing me to absorb nutrients from my food and my vitamin and mineral supplements. I had suffered from extreme anxiety and was incredibly sensitive to any type of stress and within 2 weeks of taking digestive enzymes it dawned on me that I had been leaving the house and hadn't felt anxious at all since I began taking them, I hadn't anticipated for them to make a difference to my anxiety at all so was a pleasant surprise, I also was not feeling stressed despite a lot of upheaval in my life at that time with closing my partners business down and is both becoming unemployed etc, now back to the serrapeptase, on July 1st I took 2 serrapeptase in the morning with water, I ate about 2 hours later to give them time to begin working, in the early afternoon I began feeling unwell, I vomited for 2 hours straight and then crawled into bed feeling like I was on another planet, almost hallucinating, I fell asleep quickly and woke up at about 8:30pm that evening, my stomach felt strange like it had been previously compressed and had been allowed to expand back to normal for lack of a better description, it felt more opened up, since that time I have not found it necessary to take the digestive enzymes everytime I eat. I take a few occasionally if I am having a large cooked meal but otherwise I don't bother to take them and have been having no adverse reactions. Something I didn't realise until this week was when I was vomiting from the serrapeptase I was vomiting up bile, now that may not sound strange but I have not vomited up bile for 15 years, not since I had my gall bladder removed. I have had the serrapeptase 2 times since 1st July and both times got sick again even though I only took 1 capsule not 2. Both of these times I vomited up little black coloured things (size of a small coffee bean) (and more bile) the black things broke apart like pasty clay to a very dark green colour, I am no expert but I think they may be something like gall stones from my liver coming out. I am going to try a lower potency of serrapeptase because the hours of vomiting wipe me out and it's really unpleasant but I do believe that this is doing something for me to help clear out some gunk from inside of my body and I believe it cleared a duct that was obstructing my bile flow, So despite the side effects I give it 4 stars

would buy again

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 20, 2014 | Verified Purchase

high quality

Seems to work

Posted by DesertLiving on Nov 24, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I have sinus issues and this product seems to help minimize the problem. Expensive but worth it. High quality. Will buy again.

my hearh needs "good" blood

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 24, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Serrapepeptase really helps me!!

excellent blood thinner

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 11, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I use this in conjunction with Nantokkaise to replace my chemical med's: Plavix a asprin,my doc wasn't too happy at first but the results for me are excellent, I barely ever have my limbs go numb on me,keeping in mind I do have a very healthy food diet, 80%raw & lots of dark green vegetable with my meals or smoothies, will keep buying this product

Did not agree with me.

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 15, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Not sure if it works, but I reacted to this (tested twice; I'm highly intolerant to lots of things). Will stick to Doctor's Best brand from now on.

1 2