I use this as a facial oil too.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 08, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This oil is fantastic for nourishing skin inside and out. I apply a few drops to my damp skin at night before applying my face creams and it soothes, smoothes and clarifies my skin. Several ncbi studies prove it helps.

alternative to fish oil

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 16, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I searched far & wide for an alternative to fish oil that was pure, clean and great tasting, and this is it! I like taking the oil directly instead of swallowing capsules.This is pricey, but worth every penny. High in GLA as well. I am confident i am getting everything I need in an Omega 3 plus some, with this product. I ordered it 3 day shipping and it arrived just fine, but I wish iherb would ship it in TRUE cold packs of dry ice (not frozen water packs) during the hot summer months.

gorgeous, beneficial oil...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 15, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Why there aren't more Echium oil products on the market, I'm not sure- it is the ideal source for Omega 3 fatty acids, especially for vegans/vegetarians. Also, it's apparently more easily digested and assimilated than fish oil. This beautiful product has a full spectrum of Omega 3 EFA's, and other EFA's as well. It has a clean, botanical flavor and other healthful ingredients, including green tea and rosemary extracts. I couldn't stand to take another spoonful or capsule of fish oil, and I'd rather not be contributing to that unsustainable industry, anyway. Thank the good earth for this fantastic alternative. Wish it were a bit more affordable...

The much-better alternative to fish oil

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 05, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Kinder and cleaner, get your omegas right from the source, where fish get them from: algea. This oil has a mild flavour (I like it best mixed with a few tablespoons of fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice).

Freshest, best quality and tasting omega 3

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 03, 2010 | Verified Purchase

After completely giving up on fish oil (including ones by Nordic Naturals and Ascenta) I was pleased to find this alternative. Their website explains this oil comes from a plant that fish eat and is converted in the body to a similar compound as in fish oil. I hope they are right as I could use all the benefits that are claimed from eating fish oil. Although it is more expensive than fish oil, I don't have to worry about abdominal upset, fish aftertaste and wasting my money on the many rancid oils that I've tried. It taste so fresh and pure! The one major drawback is the amount of Omega 3 you are getting for the price compared to fish oil.