My favorite shampoo for oily hair!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 15, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have a really greasy scalp and have to wash it daily. I've tried other shampoos for oily hair but they leave residue, cause extra fallout, or don't clean well. This shampoo is gentle and doesn't dry out my hair despite being a clarifying shampoo. But it cleans so well and controls the oil longer. I have repurchased this so many times and it hasn't let me down in over 2 years

Wonderful shampoo

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 20, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have oily and thick hair, this shampoo is the best thing! The shampoo is very dry, so after you put it on your hair, you have to use some water to liquify a bit, otherwise you would not be able to wash your hair. A bottle lasted me about 3-4 months, and I wash my hair every 2-3 days, depending on the season/weather. This shampoo is more expensive than what I am used to, but since you only use very little of it each time, it lasts a long time. It cleans very well for oily hair. If you do not have oily hair, I would not suggest using it. Also I think if you have delicate hair then this shampoo is not for you either.

Awesome Shampoo!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 08, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I've always used organic products and I've never found a shampoo that suds up as much as this one and truly is refreshingly clarifying! I love its shockingly simple fomula too. But there's a trick to applying it thoroughly!! It will seems too thin for a shampoo but don't be fooled because when you try to applying to the scalp it's sticky and hard to spread. But I found that it's easiest to take about a nickel to a quarter-sized amount in the palm of my hand, using my other hand, I dip the tips of my fingers in the shampoo then apply to the top, sides, and back of my head(re-dipping my fingers for each spot ofcourse). Make sure you get it down to the scalp, then put your head under the running water VERY quickly ensuring not to rinse off the product. This loosens it and brings it straight to the scalp. Focus on the roots because that's where the buildup/oils are. Massage evenly over the scalp and you'll find it suds up ALOT more this way, I promise!! Haha! :) Then just rinse, the suds will clean the hair shaft and ends as you rinse it out.

A blessing

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 10, 2007 | Verified Purchase

After having tried dozens of shampoos over 20 years I have found only two that did not give me dandruff, this one and a 2-in-1 that Trader Joe's discontinued about ten years ago. This isn't the best-smelling of the Aubrey Organic shampoos but it works great, gives a tremendous lather, makes my hair luxurious and makes it "feel" clean, and is easy-to-use. I am so thankful to have found this I have shared it with friends and colleagues. Will stock up just in case it is ever discontinued.

Organic Shampoo That Works

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 26, 2009 | Verified Purchase

After deciding to move to totally organic shampoo, I purchased 4 different brands: 1st was Terressentials (didn't clean my hair at all & pricey), 2nd try was Intelligent Nutrients (fair & pricey), 3rd try was Aubrey Organics (worked so well, I haven't even tried the 4th brand). Just a little of this shampoo goes a long way toward cleaning your hair.

Best shampoo for oily hairs

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 31, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I have finally found my favourite shampoo and I stongly recommend it to people with oily hair. Firstly, it is easy to create a lot of lather with this product. I usually pour coin size shampoo in my palm and add warm water to create lather then apply to my hairs.Secondly, the smell is natural and nice. Most importantly, it refreshes my hair and reduces oil after using it It also reduces my flakes as well. My hair looks less oily now and definitely keep purchasing it from Iherb!

Really good!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 22, 2012 | Verified Purchase

My hair is oily and my scalp is dry and irritable... So far this is the best shampoo I've found for soothing my scalp and dealing with my oily hair.

Too dry for me

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 16, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This shampoo is way too dry for me... Though I have oily scalp it actually over dry my hair and scalp...

doux et lavant

Posted by Strawwy on Jun 18, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Mon shampoing préféré de la marque! J'ai les cheveux normaux à tendance grasse. La texture est onctueuse et douce et il mousse et lave très bien, sans agresser les cheveux. Odeur très agréable.

There should be a warning on this

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 02, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I wanted to try a natural shampoo specifically to avoid harsh chemicals in normal shampoo. Unfortunately this one dried my hair out MUCH worse than any shampoo i've ever used that contains SLS. I have fine hair but have never had flyaways until I used this. I guess that's my fault for buying the one for oily hair, but I wanted to do something about the slight greasiness I got the 2nd day after a shampoo. Forget it - this stuff made it much worse. By the second day my scalp had kicked into high gear in response to my completely stripped hair and my hair clumped into greasy strands. So bad that I wanted to crawl into a cave and hide. Never using this again.