Great Shampoo- Lovely Smell

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 03, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have been doing research on all of the chemicals that are put into our beauty products, and I feel that I must exercise some control over the toxic waste that is probably festering in my body. My decision to purchase Aubrey Organics products over cheap chemical-laden brands is one of the commitments I have made to myself and to responsible companies like Aubrey. I really like this shampoo. My hair is fine, but I have a lot of it. It tends to go flat if I use a product that is too heavy. I was a bit hesitant to use a shampoo that is moisturizing, but I was pleasantly suprised at the results. Before I get to that, let me just say that this shampoo smells heavenly! It evokes a luscious, heddy honeysuckle fragrance that in no way smells cloying or like some chemical created in a lab. Don't expect loads of lather because Aubrey does not use the harsh sulfates that other shampoos use to create oodles of lather that is really not beneficial. I also use the Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner, and the results of this combo are impressive. My hair is soft, fluffy, shiney and very healthy looking. Yes Aubrey shampoos are more expensive than drugstore brand, but you really get what you pay for, and purchasing from iHerb will give you a price break.

Definitely worth buying!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Apr 15, 2013 | Verified Purchase

After looking through the ingredients of almost all the “natural” shampoo on iherb, you find that they all contain either of the followings; preservatives such as sodium benzoate, sulfates such sodium lauryl sulfate, hidden sulfates such sodium coco sulfate (just another diluted SLS with exact chemical structure) and many other chemical names such as polysorbate 20. Aubrey Organic is the only shampoo brand to be chemical free! (Not counting castile soap which is also all natural but it is not specialised shampoo). The downside is that none of the shampoo by Aubrey lathers well so you probably use more of the shampoo. Otherwise, it will be hard to wash the hair scalp or hair, especially if you have thick hair. (in my case). I also like that the ingredients are biodegrade, suitable for vegetarians and not tested on animal (important!). All conventional chemical shampoo is tested on animals! Why? There are simply too many chemicals in it. Many are reactive and causes allergies therefore they test it on animals first in order to avoid possible lawsuits in future. This product smells really great. Strong floral honeysuckle rose smell. As for the moisturizing effect, I find that the effect is moderate at best. Check out my page for more reviews!

Surprised

Posted by babyborderline on Jun 28, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I thought I would love this shampoo, as it claims to be moisturizing. It is actually the opposite, it felt like I had washed my hair with dishwashing soap - horrible. Made my hair extremely dry and brittle, and I nightmare to comb afterwards. After 3-4 times I gave up. Would not recommend this for long hair. The one star is for the good smell.

Not as moisturising as expected.

Posted by TrueReviews on May 27, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I thought the shampoo was for dry hair, but using it didn't feel at all like that. Instead I'd say it left my hair quite dry. Didn't even finish the bottle. Giovanni has much more moisturising shampoos. Click on my username for more reviews! If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

A change after 20+ years

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 06, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Used to be one of my favorites but the ingredients have changed drastically. I'm disappointed in Aubrey.

100% Natural Ingredients!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 01, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I bought this shampoo and the conditioner for my 90 yr old mother. It treated her dry itchy scalp and left her gray hair soft, shiny and manageable.

Excellent

Posted by alvinlky on Jul 11, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Excellent product at a affordable price.

Beautiful product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 28, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I really like Aubrey organics shampoos. THis one is a beautiful scent, not too strong but lovely. The shampoo is really moisturizing. I have very dry hair, frizzy and curly. This product helps my hair to be quite hydrated and glowing. Love it.

No bueno

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 03, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This shampoo actually made my hair feel drier and almost more damaged. It is sulfate free so it doesn't lather, which is fine but it made my hair hair feel awful. It smells nice so I ended up using it as a body wash but even using it that way I was not impressed.

so far so good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 15, 2015 | Verified Purchase

To everyone who are complaining about this shampoo!!!!!! You have to give it a time and be patient. First 2 weeks my hair had to get used to this shampoo. My hair were greasy and dull after washing and I've almost gave up on it but somehow I've continued washing my hair and -boom- all of sudden it started to work and I'm really happy with this product!!!! It can only means this shampoo actually works as your hair have to really get used to it . So -don't give up! it would take up to 10 washes I think. I must say that my hair is thin and tend to get oily really fast but now it's really ok. I think this shampoo is one of the best although I wonder why does it lather so much if it's natural. Hmm. Doesn't make sense at all. No particular smell or anything so I'm giving 5 stars. Thank you xo