Very grounding

Posted by Elliecats on Mar 24, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I first smelled patchouli in a store and through it smelled like wart remover. (It so happens it was this brand, too.) I'd put some on my wrist and something kept making me sniff... and sniff... and sniff. By the time I got across the store, I couldn't get enough of it. I don't know what caused my initial reaction, but WOW, I LOVE this stuff! I've since ordered two bottles from iHerb. One is in use, one is "sitting" since patchouli is one of the few oils that can improve with age. I mix it about 50/50 with vetiver and wear it every day. It draws a lot of compliments. I will certainly be ordering this again and again. I also ordered the NOW version of the same oil and it was good, but it smelled "greener". I still like it, but I have it resting in the closet for a couple years. This Aura Cacia brand smells nicely aged to me. One thing to be careful with is not to overuse. The best description I can give is "stupefying", which is exactly how I felt when I inhaled too much for too long.

Best patchouli

Posted by 53980jj on May 07, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Please try patchouli+geranium+ylang (1:1:1) in oil , shake softly , it smell like love....

overpowering

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 09, 2013 | Verified Purchase

overpowering scent. Not very useful as for medical purposes, rather for perfumery. Use less to avoid headaches!

Aura Cacia Patchouli

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 12, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I love Aura Cacia products. This Patchouli is 100% essential oil, whereas some essential oils are not pure. Smells great. I love the earthiness of Patchouli, it's very grounding and peaceful. I use this w/other essential oils mixed in body oil, for after shower moisturizer. Very reasonable price at iHerb.com, as usual.

Pure patchouli!

Posted by Sab15 on Sep 11, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I am a huge fan of patchouli and am using this oil for aromatherapy. It smells just like patchouli, very fresh and green! Personally I like to pair it with ylang ylang oils they blend really well and altogether smells so soothing and peaceful. I've bought 6 different oils from Now Foods and their oils were either diluted or mixed with other essential oils, most importantly most of them smell weird and so I decided to try Aura Cacia. Testing with the same diffuser Now Foods oils are pretty weak, I can barely smell it in my small bedroom with even 10 drops of it, while Aura Cacia is much denser and stronger, 6 drops is more than enough to fill my bedroom with the aroma. Also this time I bought 5 oils from Aura Cacia and each one of them is exactly what I expected. High quality with reasonable price.

Can't be without it!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 06, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I wear this everyday and get many compliments..

patchouli oil

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 26, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have lost contact with my friend who would buy me the oil in Colorado which was thick and dark. It was the best. I have yet to find anyone who has it. The price here is good for the oil, but I still am looking for the better oil, and it was only $15. for your size bottle. I love patchouli! Thank you for your easy-breezy web site. Kathy K

Very Nice

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 28, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Very nice patch, clear and almost camphor-like at first (just like the fresh leaves) and not at all brown or syrupy like some kinds I have bought before. Lovely.

Patchouli Is A Fave

Posted by -H I J 0 8 8 9- on Jul 27, 2017 | Verified Purchase

It smells like perfume, i like it. Number one essential oil for me with regards to smell. And aura cacia ia a very good brand. Do check my user name above for the key to save on your shopping cart plus you can use it repeatedly so note it down. Write in in numbers instead of words, without spaces

Some