Dont use too much!

Posted by Reviewer3046934 on Apr 18, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I'm not going to slam this product...I just used too much. I took 3-4 cups of sunflower oil and mixed in 20 drops of Neroli and 10 drops of Vetiver. All I smell is Vetiver. It is the smell of something burning. So when you hear that it is "grounding", the scent is really that of char to me. Next time I will add maybe only 3 drops to the same amount of sunflower oil. I am completely new to essential oils so it's likely my fault. Most recipes call for 1 or 2 drops of essential oils mixed with a teaspoon of oil...which is crazy. That's about enough for two elbows. I thought that 20 and 10 drops would be fine for 3-4 cups of oil, but I was wrong. Like some food recipes, just because you are tripling the recipe doesnt mean you should triple the spices.....

Best!

Posted by Reviewer1229182 on Nov 07, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I love this stuff. Mixed with Neroli, it is a great deodorant. Vetiver comes from a grass in the lemon grass family. Its fragrance is similar to, but less pungent than, patchouli.

Aura Cacia Vetiver

Posted by Reviewer1597685 on Feb 19, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I Love Aura Cacia's Vetiver!!! I have used several different brands and find this one to be quite good. This essential oil can be used for grounding, arthritis, ADD/ADHD and many, many other uses I know of --- and have seen it work sucessfully. I find that all of the prices on iHerb are by far the best compared to other websites.

Beautiful heady aroma

Posted by drewmastro on Jun 25, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I haven't tried many brands of this oil so I can't go out on a limb and say it is amazing, however this has such a resonant, woody scent and I have fallen in love with it! It has rejuvenating properties so I've added it both to my face and body oil blends with good results- it does tone and rejuvenate the skin. For aromatherapy- this blends beautifully with Bergamot.

good for adhd in combination with cedarwood oil

Posted by adhd-researcher on Jun 25, 2016 | Verified Purchase

bought this after a video of dr. axe daughter with adhd loves the smell, me not so much lasts for hours supposed to calm down mix 2 drops with cedarwood oil (2 drops) and coconut oil as a base carrier

Interesting!

Posted by 5153473914451475247 on Oct 16, 2015 | Verified Purchase

The smell is not appealing on it's own, but heavily diluted in a blend (goes really well with lavender, especially!) it is quite charming. I give 4 rather than 5 stars because the Aura Cacia's standard dropper cap doesn't accommodate vetiver oils viscous consistency. It takes quite awhile for a single drop to find its way out.

vetiver oil

Posted by 5246381018213506201 on Jan 08, 2014 | Verified Purchase

good parfum

Difficult to get the oil out of the dropper

Posted by 4704547198803199115 on Mar 27, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Smells good though! I think it's the real deal

Dropper cap needs to be replaced. Nothing comes out.

Posted by 4963480733413953944 on Mar 17, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Aura Cacia's standard dropper cap doesn't accommodate vetiver oils viscous consistency. It takes quite awhile for a single drop to find its way out. It is a real pain. I found other reviewers commented on this and they are right. I will try other brands, i may come back to this one as i have removed the dropper and using my finger to rub it on the skin. I am using for the reported study showing benefits of aiding with the following: Distractibility, Short attention span, Chronic disorganisation, Inability to plan,Poor listening skills. S

seems great

Posted by 4919355739801018264 on Aug 14, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Have not used product yet.

1 2