Help

Argan Oil

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 11, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I must say that I truly do like this oil. When I first used it I was abit skeptical and didn't think it could help my scar. I had bypass surgery and the scar was feeling tight and itchy, red and raised. I'm happy to say that I use this oil every single day and it has changed the feel and appearance of my scar which runs down my chest. It is no longer red, has not tightness, no itching and has diminished in size. I will definitely continue using this oil.

True to its reputation

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 13, 2011 | Verified Purchase

The lovers of Argan oil say that this product reduces fine lines and clears up acne. I've never really had acne but I have had some tiny white heads on my face recently for some reason and the argan oil helped clear them, not fully but very much. It also adds a soft glow to my face instantly. The only problem with this oil is that it smells like fertilizer but some may consider the odor "nutty". If you use a normal amount you can't smell it a few minutes after application and my husband doesn't notice it ever. This also mixes very well with my SPF moisturizer and the smell totally diminishes when mixed with anything else. Overall, I'd say this oil is wonderful. It will not cause break outs as some oils do and it really does make my skin look lovely.

crazy pump!

Posted by ksju84 on Nov 27, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I can't tell anything about the quality of the oil itself, but the pomp is really messed up, you push it for 10 times and then--here it is the oil sprays to any direction it wants this is not the cheapest oil to spray it throughout the room)

The Russian Federation

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 25, 2012 | Verified Purchase

good oil, use it for hair, paint a whole night on the morning of my hair with shampoo. it is well moisturizes hair without weighing it down. necessarily buy more!

Awesome for hair

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 06, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I use just one drop of this as conditioner..it's amazing, better than any commercial conditioner brands. I don't even have to use it every day as one application leaves hair silky for at least 2 days! Don't use as a leave-in though, unless your hair is long, thick & dry, I tried it as a leave-in on my short hair and it dried super greasy. I now apply, wait a few minutes then rinse off. I tried it on my face too but I find it doesn't sink in that well and my face is still a bit oily when I wake up in the morning.

Not something to rave about

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 23, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Smells a bit funny (a hint of baby poo)! Takes time to absorb completely. Ok oil, but when the bottle is empty, I'll fill it with almond oil.. :)

Stinky icky yucky

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 11, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Normally I have a high tolerance for odd smells, but this oil is so very stinky, I just cannot tolerate it. Kind of like a cross between manure and rotten fruit? Ugh. I tried adding some lovely, skin nourishing essential oils to cover up the smell, but to no avail. The stench is just overpowering. :(

Fast absorbed, very moisturizing.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 20, 2012 | Verified Purchase

After reading all the rave reviews, I decided to give this product a try, for the price, it's not a big risk! I love it. It doesn't smell anything, it's fast absorbed. I use it instead of my previous night cream. It leaves a nice subtle glow on my face, and my skin is nice and smooth in the morning. Doesn't stain pillow case either, which is a bonus!!! Will be sticking to this till Spring for sure!

Morocco's best kept beauty secret.

Posted by Leione on Mar 23, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This soft, gentle, non-comedogenic oil suitable for all skin and hair types, including sensitive, acne-prone and mature, with a pleasant slightly nutty aroma is one of the rarest oils in the world and known in Morocco as the "oil of life", and for good reason - its composition and properties are unique and superior to those of other plant oils. Argan oil contains 80% unsaturated fatty acids (oleic, linoleic, linolenic), 18% saturated oils (palmitic and stearic), which makes it more resistant to oxidation than olive oil, and is very high in vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant helping neutralize free radicals, restore the skin's hydrolipid balance and prevent premature aging, which is particularly important for people living in harsh and polluted environments. And that's not the only unique thing about argan oil - it also contains carotenes, squalene and triterpenoid saponins known for their emollient, soothing, healing, anti-inflammatory, disinfectant and sun-protective properties, plant sterols reducing irritation and inflammation, calming itching, deeply moisturizing and nourishing dry, damaged and sensitive skin, making it softer, smoother and more supple, improving skin tone, elasticity and complexion, preventing dryness and dehydration, and flavonoids encouraging cell renewal and regeneration, reducing fine lines and wrinkles, scarring and stretch marks, restoring luster to dull, dry and lifeless hair. Due to its unique phytosterol composition it's especially effective in treating such conditions as acne, blemishes, rashes, eczema, psoriasis, chickenpox, dermatitis, as well as healing small wounds, cuts, burns and alleviating pain caused by sunburn and peeling skin. In addition to its cosmetic uses, argan oil is a culinary oil with a lot of health benefits as well: it lowers cholesterol levels by blocking cholesterol absorption from the intestines, facilitates digestion by increasing the concentration of pepsin in the gastric juice, reduces inflammation by soothing the stomach lining, stimulates blood circulation, protects against heart disease, boosts the immune system. I've been using this organic argan oil only for a few weeks, by the results speak for themselves: my complexion has improved, my skin is softer and smoother and has a healthy glow, my acne has cleared up, redness and inflammation is gone, some fine lines have faded, my scalp is no longer dry, itchy and flaky, my hair is healthier. Will definitely order it again.

Fantabulous!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 31, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have tried jojoba oil, olive oil, squaran oil,, but none of these worked on me. But since argan oil had been quite famous so I just gave it a go. Omg. I realized that we can actually see result if you do use a real 'good item'.... This organic argan oil has been changing my skin so well and my skin started getting smoother and smoother and very moisturized. WINNER! I will defo purchase this once I finish current one!