Excellent organic macadamia oil.

Posted by Caerulea on May 14, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This pure organic macadamia oil without any additives, preservatives, colors or fragrances does wonders for dry, dehydrated, sensitive, and irritated skin. What makes macadamia oil stand out from other plant oils is its unique composition. Unlike them, macadamia oil is exceptionally high in monounsaturated fatty acids (in fact, it contains up to 85% monounsaturated fats), especially omega-7 palmitoleic and omega-9 oleic monounsaturated fatty acids, and, as a result, is more resistant to oxidation than olive oil. It has the highest content of palmitoleic acid of all plant oils. Palmitoleic acid is a common constituent of human adipose tissue and sebum naturally produced by the body, but its production declines with age, which can lead to the skin's loss of elasticity and premature aging. That's when macadamia oil comes to the rescue: it deeply moisturizes, nourishes, softens, tones and firms dry, damaged and sensitive skin, restoring its elasticity, making it softer, smoother and more supple, prevents dryness and dehydration, improves the complexion, evens out the skin tone. Due to its ability to mimic the skin's sebum so closely, macadamia oil is capable of regulating sebum production, restoring the skin's hydrolipid balance, and slowing down the aging process. But that's not all - macadamia oil is also high in carotenoids and tocotrienols, members of the vitamin E family, which are more potent antioxidants that their more famous relatives, tocopherols, and is a great source of squalene, a powerful naturally occurring antioxidant present in human skin surface lipids and protecting against oxidative damage. This unique phytosterol composition makes macadamia oil a strong emollient, soothing, healing, anti-inflammatory, disinfectant, and sun-protective agent, capable of soothing and healing delicate and damaged skin, calming itching, reducing redness and inflammation, improving cellular circulation, stimulating cell renewal and collagen production, regenerating, invigorating, revitalizing, and rejuvenating the skin, protecting it at the cellular level, supporting and strengthening its defensive mechanisms, facilitating the healing of small wounds, sores, cuts, abrasions, peeling skin, dry and chapped lips, bruises, insect bites, stings, abscesses, burns, boils, blisters, alleviating pain caused by sunburn and peeling skin, and preventing premature aging, not to mention that this oil is a great all-natutal sun screen. It also does wonders for dry, itchy, and flaky scalp and dull and lifeless hair: it soothes and heals the scalp, calms itching, removes dandruff and flakiness, strengthens the root bulbs and follicle connection, slows down hair loss, pro motes keratin production and hair growth, restores hair elasticity, provides body and shine. Food-grade macadamia oil can be used internally, as well. It's beneficial in treating high cholesterol, hypertension, diabetes, cardiovascular conditions, heart disease, gastritis, acid reflux, nausea, indigestion, osteoporosis, arthritis, rheumatism, as well as many other conditions. It lowers triglycerides and LDL or "bad" cholesterol levels while increasing HDL or "good" cholesterol, normalizes blood pressure, protects against strokes, atherosclerosis and peripheral arterial disease, helps stabilize blood sugar and regulate insulin levels, prevents blood spikes, flushes toxins out of the body, aids digestion, prevents heartburn and acid reflux, soothes the stomach lining, reduces colon inflammation, boosts and strengthens the immune system, neutralizes free radicals, improves brain function, helps maintain healthy bones, teeth, joints, skin, nails, and hair, and even reduces the risk of cancer. It's a great product that really works. Since I started using this organic macadamia oil, I've noticed that my complexion has improved, my skin tone has evened out, my skin is softer and smoother and has a healthy glow, almost all the redness and inflammation is gone, some fine lines and pigmentation spots have faded, my scalp is no longer dry, itchy and flaky, my hair is healthier. Glad I discovered this product.

Great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 16, 2012 | Verified Purchase

thick, rich oil. smells like nuts, no chemicals. i use it on my hair. its kinda expensive for such little size but you only need a half of 1 pump, so little goes a long way and i feel like it's worth the money.

great mask

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 24, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I absolutely love this mask. I highly recommend it. My mom starting using this mask too and looked several years less (she is 75 years old). Absolutely will buy again

it is the best

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 11, 2012 | Verified Purchase

it is the best

Good all-purpose oil for the body, hands, hair

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 07, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Aura Cacia macadamia nut oil is a good oil to use all over the body, including as a body oil and to soften rough, raw cuticles.

from russia

Posted by miracle on Mar 27, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Beautiful oil, one my favourit base oils, it't light for skin - doesn't make it oily, smells nuts, but it's expensive! because of usda I think. i will order a cooking oil and will use it apply to my hair with essential oils.

Love it!

Posted by erikamarija on Aug 26, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Very nice! I use this to take off my make up, to heal my skin, it is very good product!

delightful oil

Posted by Claire on Apr 11, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I've been using for skin and hair. Very good for the hair ends. Convenient dispenser. Pleasant smell of nuts.

Cool product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 10, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I though I would use it for hair but it is perfect for my skin.

Best Oil I have used !

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 27, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I was a little hesitant to purchase because I did not know what to expect. I absolutely love this oil and will be using it for a very long time. The scent of it is "nutty" yet not overbearing. The oil is great for my facial skin and I use it as a carrier for my essential oil blends. Would highly highly recommend this product.

1 2