Earthy, Satisfying

Posted by HawaiianViking on Apr 07, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Vetiver Oil comes from the root of the tropical grass Chrysopogon zizanioides. It's related to citronella, lemongrass, nagramotha, and palmarosa, but is distinct and unique among its relatives for an especially earthy, rich, woody, wet-yet-clean scent. Vetiver is a common basenote in perfumery, though it's rare to encounter it as a solitary note. From what I understand, Vetiver is a tenacious grass not commonly cultivated with fertilizers or pesticides, and because extraction is usually by the steam method, an organic version of this oil may not be entirely necessary. However, erring on the side of safety, it's good that Organic Vetiver is available.

I love the smell of vetiver

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 29, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This is my first vetiver essential oil and I was a bit concerned because it was described as heavy, earthy, strong scent. I have ADHD and it is supposed to have a calming and grounding effect so I gave it a try. I acctually, surprisingly like the smell of vetiver very much! But what I dislike about this product is that I was unable to get the essential oil out of the bottle because of the EXTREMELY thick consistency. Since it's my first vetiver oil I don't know if it's supposed to be like that or not. That's why I gave this product 4 stars.

Love this for my daughter

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 06, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I use this my daughter while she is sleeping at night. I believe it has worked well for her.

The most heavenly oil

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 02, 2016 | Verified Purchase

This is oil is to be my signature scent, sadly the bottle had an accident so I'm awaiting its replacement!

I love this vetiver

Posted by HealthyIsHappy on Dec 28, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I am not a big fan of vetiver, but I have diluted this in plenty of fractionated coconut oil and find it to be a truly beautiful vetiver. Deeply grounding. This compares favorably to my other favorite vetiver, an organic certified vetiver from Sri Lanka. This is more expensive, but still very reasonably priced. It smells well aged in the sense that there are no harsh notes. Very pleased with my purchase!

nice

Posted by ayahuasca on Sep 04, 2012 | Verified Purchase

exotic

Very thick

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 09, 2017 | Verified Purchase

This is a grounding scent and is almost always included in sleepy blends. The scent is the last to leave my diffuser. When creating blends, I recommend that you pre mix the blend (create a master blend) before adding drops to your diffuser, this oil is very viscous and will sink instead of float.

High quality organic essential oil

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 15, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Too thick to be poured out of the bottle. The oil itself is good.