Good shave cream, but they changed the formula

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 14, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I loved this shaving cream until I received the last bottle that I ordered about a month ago because Avalon changed the formula. One this last bottle there is a small purple box with yellow font on the front of the tube that says "New More Sustainable" and there is now Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil in the ingredients (check the ingredients on the Avalon Organics website). We're not supposed to eat hydrogenated oils, so I can't help but wonder about putting it on my skin. The new formula is not as slippery as the old formula, which I really liked. This new formula really feels like a lotion and it doesn't seem to let my razor glide as well, and I've gotten more nicks and cuts while shaving with it. However, my husband likes it better than the old formula and says that the change doesn't affect his shaving. It was 5 stars for me before the change, now it's 4 stars.

More for woman, not for man

Posted by irinkina on Feb 19, 2012 | Verified Purchase

It is famous avalon cream. I read lots of advices to buy it. Hwever my husband doesn't like it because the foam is not big enough for him. So now it is my cream that meets my needs perfectly. Smells good as well.

Alalon Organics Moisturizing Cream Shave.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 28, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Great product. Best ever shaving cream in my experience. A note to iHerb - Please don't tape the lid closed when shipping. The tape binds strongly to the plastic container and adhesive is very difficult to remove. Many of us are sensitive to adhesives.

Good shaving cream

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 01, 2009 | Verified Purchase

close shave, more natural ingredients.

Excellent

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 26, 2017 | Verified Purchase

By far the best shaving cream I've ever used. So rich and smooth yet the razor goes right through it. Extremely moisturizing. I don't even need lotion after shaving my legs!

Terrific

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 04, 2015 | Verified Purchase

My husband loves this product. It makes shaving easy and leaves skin very smooth.

Great for sensitive skin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 18, 2012 | Verified Purchase

It doesn't show very well where you've shaved, but the result is far better than regular shaving creams and foams. I don't get any irritation at all, so I'll definately be re-ordering when it finally runs out -the tube has lasted about 6mths so far!

Excellent shave but goes on clear

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 29, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I add a little of my regular over-the-counter gel shaving cream, mix in the palm of my hand, and, presto, it's now white so I can see where I am going.

great for everyday skin care

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 10, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This is a really superior product. Quantity and quality both above average. I am pleased.

Very good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 23, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Perfect shave even though I have heavy beard. Best shaving product I have ever used! Thanks iherb for fantastic price and promt and cheap delivery to Canary Islands (Spain).