Good shave cream, but they changed the formula

Posted by Reviewer2781703 on Jul 17, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I loved this shaving cream until I received the last bottle that I ordered about a month ago because Avalon changed the formula. One this last bottle there is a small purple box with yellow font on the front of the tube that says "New More Sustainable" and there is now Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil in the ingredients (check the ingredients on the Avalon Organics website). We're not supposed to eat hydrogenated oils, so I can't help but wonder about putting it on my skin. The new formula is not as slippery as the old formula, which I really liked. This new formula really feels like a lotion and it doesn't seem to let my razor glide as well, and I've gotten more nicks and cuts while shaving with it. However, my husband likes it better than the old formula and says that the change doesn't affect his shaving. It was 5 stars for me before the change, now it's 4 stars.

More for woman, not for man

Posted by irinkina on Feb 19, 2012 | Verified Purchase

It is famous avalon cream. I read lots of advices to buy it. Hwever my husband doesn't like it because the foam is not big enough for him. So now it is my cream that meets my needs perfectly. Smells good as well.

Good shaving cream

Posted by Reviewer1490989 on Sep 01, 2009 | Verified Purchase

close shave, more natural ingredients.

Alalon Organics Moisturizing Cream Shave.

Posted by Reviewer2155663 on Nov 28, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Great product. Best ever shaving cream in my experience. A note to iHerb - Please don't tape the lid closed when shipping. The tape binds strongly to the plastic container and adhesive is very difficult to remove. Many of us are sensitive to adhesives.

Very good product

Posted by Reviewer1987796 on Dec 28, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Perfect shave even though I have heavy beard. Best shaving product I have ever used! Thanks iherb for fantastic price and promt and cheap delivery to Canary Islands (Spain).

great for everyday skin care

Posted by Reviewer1287995 on Jun 10, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This is a really superior product. Quantity and quality both above average. I am pleased.

Excellent shave but goes on clear

Posted by Reviewer3009263 on Jan 29, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I add a little of my regular over-the-counter gel shaving cream, mix in the palm of my hand, and, presto, it's now white so I can see where I am going.

Terrific

Posted by 4847597569671493950 on Feb 04, 2015 | Verified Purchase

My husband loves this product. It makes shaving easy and leaves skin very smooth.

This product a surprisingly good alternative to other shaving soaps, foams etc

Posted by 4843616289476193565 on Mar 13, 2017 | Verified Purchase

My only negative as an older person with arthritic fingers is that after the recommended face wetting, if ýour hands are at all wet, squeezing the wedge shape of the tube means it slips downwards, perhaps an area of non-slip on each side of the tube would help.

Very good shave cream and NO SCENT!

Posted by Sprinkles on Oct 04, 2009 | Verified Purchase

It is hard to find really good fragrance-free products, but this is one of them! Just a tiny pea-sized amount will spread out and cover a whole lower leg in preparation for shaving, and gives great slip to the razor and stays well until you rinse it off. OUTSTANDING fragrance-free version! The only drawback I have to mention at all is that its slipperiness clings rather tenaciously, so you have to rub with your hands to help get the slipperiness rinsed off when you're done shaving, and it gets on the bottoms of the feet from water rinsing there, so then there is a dangerous risk of falling in the shower. Be very careful to rub all the slipperiness away to prevent this!

1 2 3 4