I like it but it is only 70% Organic

Posted by NBPT10 on Sep 01, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I like this product and I use it often. I like how it cleans and how it leaves my hair. I like that it does not have parabens and SLS. I like that they don't test it on animals. I like that they use essential oils for the fragrances vs. synthetics. I like a lot of things about this. I just wish it was more than 70% organic. Hence it gets 4 stars. Maybe Avalon will work on this and improve the product. If you found this review helpful kindly visit my homepage and see more value added reviews. Also "Yes" helpful votes are appreciated. Peace and good health.

Extremely stripping = Greasy hair

Posted by ALangemeyer on Apr 06, 2014 | Verified Purchase

After two uses, I have to give up on this product. The smell is mild, the lather is weak and doesn't spread easily around your head leading to the need to use more product... but WORSE of all is that it is absolute stripping and leaves your hair feeling raw and that bad "squeaky clean". When your hair dries, it's limp against your scalp and has a weird shine to it. Because it absolutely strips your hair clean, your scalp goes into overdrive to replace your head/hairs natural oils, so NO chance of making it to the second day without needing to shower again. Prepare to get greasy. I have no idea how this seems to be so popular. It's supposed to be nourishing, yet strips your hair of all its natural nourishment. Huge disappointment.

great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 19, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have been using this shampoo for more than a year and I am really pleased with it. My hair is thicker and shinier after I use it.I would definitely recommend it for people with fine hair.

Wonderful product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 19, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I love this shampoo - it leaves hair feeling clean and fresh. There is no residue and hair is not left dry. The scent is relaxing also. My hair color is organic and since using this product the color seems to last at least two weeks longer.

Always works so well

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 03, 2009 | Verified Purchase

For some reason it fits my hair better than other products of Avalon Organics shampoo, leaves hair manageable and shiny. And it's organic and reasonable. :-)

Super shampoo

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 11, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I found this shampoo has a good taming effect on my rough, fly-a-way hair. Gives nice body and smells wonderful. Organic with no animal products!

Perfect!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 08, 2011 | Verified Purchase

For first time I can see my hair so shine and brilliant!

I loved it!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 27, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I liked the lavender scent of this shampoo and conditioner, it is washed well with my thick hair, they are easy to fit. I'm happy.

My favorite organic shampoo

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 11, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Definitely the best out of the gazillions I've tried for three main reasons: the cleanliness, the scent and the price. And I'm super picky.

Been Using this Shampoo for a Long Time

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 30, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have been using Avalon Organics Lavender Shampoo for a couple of years. It does not weigh down my hair, and it is very gentle for colored hair.