Help

It's Okay but...

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 08, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This relieved my itchy oily scalp but made my hair color change from a natural black to a dark brown. Also I wouldn't recommend using it everyday because it will dry out your hair. Works well as a scalp treatment though. After my hair started to look stringy I ordered some Alba Shampoo and noticed a huge moisterizing difference. This would be better for a Guy with short hair-nice lather and good sensation. I don't recommend it to anyone with longer locks unless you want to dry your hair out and change it's color..lol. Also the conditioner is not worth it.

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

Posted by MandyEm on Nov 26, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have struggled with a dry scalp for years. I had an annoying patch of dry, flaky skin right at my hairline above my forehead which was super noticeable. I have tried many different scalp moisturizing products with little success. After only using this shampoo a few times my dry skin was gone and after about a month I noticed new hair growing from the dry spot. I highly recommend this product to anyone struggling with a dry scalp :)

Favorite

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 25, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This is our new favorite shampoo. Works for my dry scalp and my husband's oily hair. Is gentle and leaves hair shinny. The tea tree scent is subtle in the shampoo. Some tea tree products scent alone sting my eyes. This does not! And talk about loads of lather. Love it.

Nice Smell

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 25, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have used a natural Marseille soap for washing my hair, but my scarp become itchy and scyrfy scalp... So I tried to use this shampoo and Jason's Hair & Scalp Therapy System Alternately, and it seems OK to ease the symptom. Since Jason's shampoo has a strong smell, Avalon's good smell makes me feel good.

Where has this been my whole life?

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 09, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I've struggled with a dry, itchy, irritated scalp for years and years. I've tried a lot of different things to remedy it: Different shampoos, different conditioners, washing with conditioner only, warm water, cold water, you name it. I've tried super cheap shampoos and expensive hair salon-style shampoos that only made it worse, except one: A tea tree shampoo of a well known brand (in hair care circles) that shall remain unnamed. My itchy scalp improved, but the cost was outrageous. We're talking $60-70 per bottle. That would equate to something like $90-100 per month in shampoo and conditioner. Simply not a cost I could live with. Years later I come across iherb, this shampoo and the equivalent conditioner. At a fraction of the price I had a hard time believing it could to the same job, but my scalp is delighted to say it did. I honestly noticed an improvement after the first wash. Scalp felt sort of "fresh" and after a week irritation and itchiness improved 80%. I hardly ever catch myself scratching my head anymore. It still comes and goes occasionally, but never at the intensity it used to, and usually only after a typical trigger like cold, dry weather. I'll be putting in my second order as I write this, and it won't be the last.

tea tree shampoo

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 17, 2009 | Verified Purchase

smells like the real stuff and worked great on my itchy scalp

Not bad but not good either

Posted by Kahaliah on Aug 07, 2015 | Verified Purchase

(Sorry for my bad English !) My hair was clear, but it didn't calm my irritations as well as expected. It has a nice smell.

Avalon Organics

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 25, 2008 | Verified Purchase

great product but doesn't stop dandruff, reduces it slightly.

Great product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 26, 2015 | Verified Purchase

A really great shampoo for me, instantly made my scalp calmer and didn't start itching the day after washing my hair, which it did before when I was using one of the regular brands from the conventional store. I wasn't a fan of the smell before I used it, but after actually applying it to the hair it seemed to smell nicer. Made my hair a bit dry at first but complementing with a good conditioner made up for that.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 17, 2015 | Verified Purchase