brilliant!!!

Posted by MGG-ThreeTwoFour on Jul 22, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Works on all mosquitoes I've encountered west of the Mississippi - even the very aggressive ones at the end of summer. It also works wonderfully on gnats / black flies that you really can't see if you are busy, or if they are singletons - not in a swarm. Do Not Miss Any Areas You Don't Want Bitten! The gnats will crawl up behind and above your ear to take a chunk (actually a small chuck - but they take longer to heal than mosquito bites ) out of you! If I am sweating alot, I dab a bit more on, here and there. On cooler/drier days, I may add more if I am out more than 10 hours. I am ALWAYS one stick ahead of need. I use one up in 6 to 8 weeks. It must be said that I am a mosquito magnet. They will find me first. They will find me fast. DEET works, but its bad for plastics and nasty stuff. B-Vitamins, garlic, onions, other highly seasoned food...? HAH! They did not work for beans! ** For new customers of iHerb, please also visit my page for more product reviews **

Great Bug repellant

Posted by Reviewer2526088 on Jul 10, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This works great, even with our legendary mosquitoes! I refuse to use deet or other bad chemicals. This is a great alternative and since it is a stick, easy to even put on the face and on kids. It smells good, too.

A million times better than the old tubs

Posted by 5236273683768031647 on Nov 02, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Same great product; way better package. I never realised the old tins were so bad til I got the stick: with the tins, I would end up using way more product than necessary, b/c you can't spread it very thinly with your hands... and it would be all over my hands. With the stick, it doesn't come into contact with your hands, and you use a lot less. Personally, I love the smell too; I find myself using it even when I don't need to!

Keeps mozzies away from applied surfaces

Posted by MummysReviews on Jun 04, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Our bedrooms are regularly infested with MANY mosquitoes. This anti-bug balm is certified organic by USDA, easy to roll on, and has been effective in keeping the mozzie away from the applied surfaces. Great for outdoor excursions to the zoo, bird park, etc. too. Baby has also been using it since newborn days. As a precaution, always read through the ingredients, and do a patch test by applying a small amount (wait for 1 day) to clear any skin allergy reaction.

Not working on HK mosquitos

Posted by 4725470435867742948 on Apr 20, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Not working, at least on the mosquitos we get here in HK. Shame, it's a nice product with good packaging, and slides on smoothly.

Top product!

Posted by 5202631714982332042 on Jun 24, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have tested this now once and it worked! No mosquite bites during a long weekend in the country side. Scent is quite strong but nice and citrusy.

Easy and effective

Posted by LantauMama on Jun 10, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Easy to put on, safe for kids, and pretty effective even here in Hong Kong. Smells great too!!

effective but oily

Posted by kookynooky on Aug 09, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Found this to be one of the better mosquito repellents. Definitely repels them critters but u have to cover every square inch of skin. Wasnt too diligent in spreading it out and got bitten in spots not covered. Very oily feel and requires a good scrub in the tub to remove the film.

very good choice

Posted by Reviewer1978086 on Jun 23, 2011 | Verified Purchase

We have a lot of mosquitos in our area and this balm is a very good protection.

It works!

Posted by Reviewer1824382 on Nov 20, 2010 | Verified Purchase

It smells great, not too strong, and there's no denying I had less bug bites after my runs when I wore it.