Nice colours, keeps the lips protected

Posted by Alicia on Aug 03, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This lip tint + shimmer surprised because it moisturizes very well: my lips get dry very easily but when I'm wearing this I don't need to apply my lip balm. If my lips feel dry after a few hours I just apply another layer of the tint or the shimmer. The lip tint colour (Garnet) is very nice: If I apply a single layer I get a soft red/pinkish colour, very discreet. If I want something more striking I apply a second layer. But I prefer the Opal Shimmer for everyday use, going to work etc: Its colour is a very light and bright pink and I only apply a single layer and it looks really good, two layers if I want an extra-moisturizing effect (but if I apply too much it looks a bit white). I'm very pale so this shimmer with its light colour makes a nice contrast with my skin, I think it makes me look somewhat "healthier"!

Beautiful deep wine, opal & creamy lip balm

Posted by PurplePegasus on Nov 21, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Reviewed this years ago, let's see if it publishes now... This is fun & being 100% organic, it's much better than lipsticks. I had not realized there were 2 colors one on each end. As a lip balm this is very healing, creamy and moisturizing without being oily. Feels as great as the regular Badger lip balms. It smells like roasted cacao beans & the scent does linger. I have MCS & am allergic to chemical smells. Strong as this smells, it doesn't bother me & smell fades away progressively. So far as color, the garnet is a deep wine color. It is very natural looking which is what I was looking for. It is matte and not sheer. Applying a little makes for a natural look or you can go bolder with a few applications. The opal shade allows you to control how dark you want the garnet, just apply on top to tone it down. The opal can also be used on its own, it's a nude color that makes for a beige/pinkish lip with a slightly frosted finish. I have big lips: the garnet gives the illusion of smaller lips, the opal makes them stand out refracting light at the center.

the color is very nice - kind of dark natural red-ish

Posted by Reviewer2778088 on Sep 04, 2010 | Verified Purchase

but I don`t need the shimmer part (it`s shimmer in one part of it and color in the other). It´s little soft so it don`t stay so long - and the packaging is not so good - it was difficult to screw back with the result that it sticked to the cap - maybe because of the soft texture too. Add a little more wax (like Kiss My Face`s) and change the tube - would`nt mind a little peppermint either though it tastes good - and it would be my favorite as the color is really good :-)

Great for dark lips

Posted by Reviewer1925619 on Feb 18, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This lip tint adds great colour to my lips which are naturally dark (I am Indian). It moisturizes and conditions without the drying and flaking I experienced from other commercial lip paints and tints. It's also comforting to know that there are no harmful ingredients and that it is safe to apply to a sensitive area.

color =/

Posted by 4670839905433311883 on Aug 07, 2013 | Verified Purchase

the picture at the description doesnt correspond to the actual color. Its more red than violet...The quality is good.

Absolute best of class!!!!

Posted by Reviewer2463068 on Aug 21, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have tried all four of Badgers new offerings in the lip tints....LOVE THEM! All the colors are AWESOME, they mix well with each other...they have better staying power than any other lip tints I have ever tried, which include ALL the well known natural brands. THESE ARE THE BEST! I have already sent gift packs of these out to my friends...they love them also! THANK YOU, BADGER BALM AND IHERB!!!

Interesting

Posted by potiholic on May 02, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Good lip balm, instead i prefer not tinted badger lip balms for caring my lips. My lips are very red, soy i don't usually see colour ith this cosmetics, but garnet make my lips look with deeper colour and a little shine, a natural look while i care for them. Opal lip balm is not perceived over my lips.

I didn't like this at all

Posted by 5314548737229640962 on Sep 03, 2016 | Verified Purchase

It may moisturizes your skin but the smell is terrible and I couldn' t take it.

nice!

Posted by Reviewer1319839 on Sep 30, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This feels good and the color is very nice. I know it's all subjective as to what color you like. This is a nice wine color - not too dark. I haven't tried the opal part. It has no flavor or scent, which I do appreciate.

Indispensable lipstick

Posted by Reviewer2188425 on Nov 14, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This is now my go-to lipstick. Nice, natural-looking color, good for the lips.

1 2 3