dissapointed with my sun burn

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 18, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I bought this for our bike trip to South Dakota. We were burnt the first day even having applied the lotion before sun exposure in the morning and reapplying at lunch. After the first day, my neck and shoulder were so burnt, I could hardly rub in the sunscreen on day 2. It was hard enough to apply without the burn. I don't think my nose has ever been so crispy and burnt in my life, even as a kid. My husband has really short hair, so he put it on his scalp to keep it from burning. It made his head look really white all week and only seemed to get whiter and glisten with more sun exposure, but he still burnt and was peeling by the time we got home 5 days later. I ended up going to walmart and buying neutrogena and using that for the trip home.

Ahh , the sweet feeling Your aren't poisoning Your children !

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 16, 2013 | Verified Purchase

If One spend some time researching on the safest and most effective sunscreen ,I believe it will find this product to be the one ! The tube is small , but lasts very long . I live in the Bahamas and needless to say the Sun is very strong and We stay a great length of time in the water . This sunscreen doesn't wash off easily . If You are looking for something that smells really nice and doesn't show on your skin -this is not Your sunscreen . My personal preferences are: to be SAFE -Non Cancerous and effective , so I don't mind the smell -which is not unpleasant and the fact that it leaves a residue on Your skin for the day . If YOU want to have a peace of mind when slapping tons of sunscreen on Your children or Your self -this is the brand ! I like it even better than" California Baby" -which is also a safe choice !

THE BEST

Posted by ledenec on Dec 26, 2012 | Verified Purchase

the best sunscreen on the market

sunscreen

Posted by ling76 on Aug 11, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Very good ingredients, but I still got a sunburn. And it left my skin white.

great natural sunscreen but it is to thick

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 14, 2010 | Verified Purchase

is is a pity that this sunscreen is too thick. the ingredients are great..all natural. I wish that this sunscreen is more easier to spread....

Best Natural Sunscreen I've Tried

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 18, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I've tried quite a few natural sunscreens which always had some ingredient that aggravated my sensitive skin. When I first tried Badger SPF30 (the scented version) I finally found something that felt good on my skin. I used the scented version for a year on myself and the kids. I tried this new unscented version for the last 4 months and my sensitive skin likes this version better. I do smell a slight cocoa butter smell when I apply the sunscreen, but it goes away. It does make my yellow/olive complexion a little white but as the day goes on, it doesn't seem so apparent. In the first hour of applying, if I get hot and sweat a little, it does streak a little here and there. But in spite of this one thing, Badger SPF30 (scented or unscented) has always protected me from the sun and I was never burned using this (including when I go swimming or even when I went to Disneyland).

Did not work.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 12, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I bought this before a trip to florida. I regret the purchase. This product is very greasy, hard to apply, hard to squeeze out of the container, and even though I applied it every 30 minutes or so, I still burned to a crisp. It did not work at all. It also stays white after you apply it, which would not bother me had it actually protected me from being burned.

very good ingredient but...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 24, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I can't wear it for my morning makeup. It's too oily. I have combination skin type and it turns dry in winter. However, even a few hours after putting on some powder on it, I found my face oily. It doesn't look that oliy, but I hate it when my hair gets stuck on the side of my face.

Hmmm!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 26, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I have a very strong yellow undertone in my skin when I tan so the white cast from the zinc oxide is a bit problematic for me. I still like it though (and the barely there smell, very soothing somehow) and I have a little tip to make it less white and hard to spread: prep your skin (or blend) with some shea butter or body oil of your own choice!

This is rated healthy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 11, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I researched sunscreen looking for products which has the least unhealthy additives and this one topped the list. I just had to quit using it because it's very greasy and never sinks into my skin but stays on top and gets onto anything it touches. Disappointing as it's highly rated health-wise.