My favorite cereal and great for pre-workout snack

Posted by GZeolla on Oct 26, 2014 | Verified Purchase

My pre-workout snack is a bowl of cereal, with fruit and nuts added to it. This snack is much tastier than just guzzling a pre-workout drink, but it still provides the carbs, protein, fat, and liquid for a workout. I consume the cereal about an hour before my workout. It digests sufficiently in that time, so as not to disturb my workout and to keep me fueled throughout my workout. If you're eating it after a workout, then omit the fruit as it is not good for muscle glycogen replenishment. I address that complex issue in my books. My favorite cereal brand is Barbara's, a natural brand, especially this Morning Oat Crunch (formerly Shredded Oats) and their Multigrain Spoonfuls (formerly Shredded Spoonfuls). They are what I want, whole grain and low in sugar. These cereals are not organic, but grains tend not draw up as much pesticides from the soil as fruit and veggies do, so even though I am sensitive to pesticides I do not have a problem with these cereals. And they are all-natural and verified non-GMO. These cereals are rather dense, so they have a moderate glycemic response, not high like many cold cereals. But that moderate blood sugar spike is ideal to fuel a workout. And being dense, you get a lot of calories without eating a lot of food, which keeps me fueled during the workout without feeling stuffed.

Great cereal

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 14, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Always a great pic for crunchy cereals that are not overly sweet. One of the best out there, IMO.

Healthy choice

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 01, 2017 | Verified Purchase

This tastes really healthy and not so sweet, perfect for breakfast

A favourite

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 20, 2016 | Verified Purchase

This is my daughter's favourite cereal.

Great cereal

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 31, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Love it, love the fact it doesn't taste like it's been filled with tons of artificial sweeteners, and that means a lot.

Mildly sweet, nice crunchy texture

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 06, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I prefer its texture over Quaker's Oatmeal squares as I find them not as hard and dry. However, the flavor is less pronounced perhaps because it has less sugar and fewer overall ingredients compared to Quaker's. Can't wait to try the Kashi brand and see how it compares.

Healthy alternative

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 26, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Prefer the Oat Crunch "series" to the other Barbaras cereals as love how crunchy it is. Note: The cinnamon and Vanilla Almond are a bit too sweet for me tbough- would be nice if it contained less sugar

Not too sweet

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 07, 2013 | Verified Purchase

The oats cereal is not too sweet and I add to other cereals to give variety.

not bad

Posted by irenejmusic on Aug 11, 2017 | Verified Purchase

not bad but i was expecting something not this sweet