Best Gluten Free Whole Grain Bread around!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 15, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I am German, live in Malaysia and I am gluten free. This is not a good combination. I have been avoiding bread in a long time, but when I came across this bread on Iherb, my heart skipped a beat! I could only ever buy this in Germany, but now I am able to source it and best of all, it gets delivered to my front door step! I am truly delighted! Please continue stocking it Iherb!

Love this Bread

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 25, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Being Gluten Free it is difficult to find bread that is worthy of buying much less eating. My sons are very, very picky about everything. This is a favorite bread. When the instructions suggest - better toasted you should do it. After toasting, the bread takes on a whole different flavor. This is a treat for my sons. Sure we make our own bread and it's pretty good but, it's nice to have a change and this is what they ask for. This is the best store bought Gluten Free bread we have found that is actually worth the money. The packaging is also a big plus. We buy several loaves double wrap what doesn't get eaten at once or put in the frig. and keep it in the freezer until needed. Seems my sons do not say anything until they are almost out and that is where the ease of ordering and the speedy free shipping of iHerb keeps me coming back. If you eat Gluten Free you will probably like this bread if not it may be too old world for you. The flavor and texture kind of grow on you.

Excellent bread!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 16, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This is one of the best gluten-free breads I've tried. If you like authentic German whole rye bread, this makes a very convincing gluten-free substitute. If you don't, you might not like this either as it has a similar sourdough flavor. Definitely benefits from toasting. Makes excellent open-face sandwiches. I just wish it was in stock more often!

Different but Good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 10, 2013 | Verified Purchase

It's not like regular bread. It takes a long time to toast and has a tangy flavor, but it is okay. The first time I rated this, I gave it 3 starts, but I have since come back and given it 5 because the taste and texture has really grown on me. It's not at all a replacement for wonder white bread, but after a bag or two, I really have started to appreciate its unique flavor and texture and prefer it now over the other gluten free bread I buy that is meant to imitate white bread but falls short.

great gluten free bread!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 17, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I never tried this bread until I went gluten free and I' so glad I did! Its unique Bavarian flavor is great for ham and cheese sandwiches, especially grilled. Can also wrap 1 or 2 slices in a damp paper towel and zap until warm for a soft style bread sandwich. It's also great toasted, with PB & J. I would rate it 5 stars except for how tricky it is to separate the slices before using.

Very good!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 20, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Best gluten free bread when toasted.

Good bread!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 02, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I really like this bread! It has a slight sourdough taste to it, which is nice for sandwiches. It toasts up pretty well and tastes good with eggs.

I love this bread!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 26, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I live in Japan and finding a good gluten free, vegan bread is hard! I love the taste. Yes...it is unusual at first but it grows on you. Now I love it! Please never stop selling this bread!!

Tangy bread--reminds me of rye bread a bit

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 07, 2016 | Verified Purchase

This bread is a thin, dense bread with a tang to it like you might find in a rye or sourdough. It is not a traditional bread at all for Americans but as a person who can't eat bread b/c of serious gluten issues, I really appreciate this bread. It is best TOASTED--it isn't very good if it isn't toasted bu it is quite yummy toasted. It is good on sandwiches. I sometimes buy it to make bread crumbs out of so that I can have gluten free bread crumbs on hand. (freeze the bread crumbs)

good for a change

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 22, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I normally keep buying rye breads from the same brand, but just gave this a try out of curiosity. Feels different - lighter and milder. Has some tanginess which I quite liked. I have no extreme sensitivity about gluten, but still will consider repurchasing, for a variety.

1 2 3