► Too Many Problematic Ingredients, Too Dying and Irritating !

Posted by 3827GreenWood on Dec 14, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I personally find this cleanser by BWC is very dying and irritating. With some in-depth research, I am surprised to find out this cleanser actually contains too many problematic ingredients. The main cleansing agent of this cleanser is too drying & irritating for all skin types, and the formula contains several fragrant oils known to be irritating. Our skin deserves only the best ingredients. Taking everything into account, it's not something I would buy again. There are other inexpensive & high quality water-soluble cleansers to consider. I am a strong advocate on scientific medical research and evidence-based information, and constantly want to differentiate between marketing hyperbole and real world effects. I hope you'll find my review Helpful to you. Best wishes and good health to everyone!

Good Face Cleanser

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 18, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I've used BWC AHC facial cleanser for a few months now and really like it. It's my second favorite behind the Aveda (more than twice the cost) that I used to use. It does a good job of cleansing my face and doesn't seem to dry my skin. I'm 44 with a t-zone, and live in Wisconsin. The scent is herbally with some licorice. I recommend BWC AHC facial cleanser for its performance-cost ratio.

Not a favourite

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 30, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This dries out my skin, and does not prevent breakouts. (Dont know if this is what causes the breakouts) Didnt finish the bottle, and wont buy again.

almost a 5 star

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 29, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I would give this a 5 if they would take out the benzyl alcohol and pheno-ethanol. It does clean well without overdrying.

Good facial cleanser with excellent ingredients.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 20, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have dry, sensitive skin so I was nervous about getting this, but I found it doesn't break me out or dry me out too much. My old cleanser was $28 a 4 oz bottle and this works just as well. I like the natural smell and quality ingredients. It certainly cleans my skin nicely. The only complaint is that it can be a little difficult to rinse off completely (this is perhaps because I'm using too much - a little goes a long way).

Nothing

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 17, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Terrible. This cleanser was fair several years ago, so I bought it again. Unfortunately, I found out that now it's so watered down, it resembles weak soapy water. 3%AHA?! They must be kidding. For this price there're so many different potent facial cleansers, it's a shame to spend money on this one.

I like it

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 02, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Good cleanser. Helps to conceal acne, makes black dots invisible and prevent to come more acne.

Good cleaner not drying

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 05, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I had a VERY expensive version of this from an esthetician, but found this substitute with the same active ingredient for a MUCH more reasonable cost. Alpha hydroxy is one of the few authentically effective ingredients in skin care. Ask a doctor.

Posted by doppelganger on Dec 28, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This one is a heavy duty-makes to prone to dryness one. At first it dried my skin pretty badly after 4 days of daily usage. It DRIED my really oily face to a paperlike texture. I immediately stopped using it and tried to rehydrate my face by any means. Now I use it once or twice per week for a deep cleanse. It unclogged pores and really cleans my skin.It works. I first got the trravel size just to test it and now I went for the bigger bottle. I use it interchangeably with the desert essence tea tree one and I always cleanse my face and neck with a wet muslin clothe. In less than a year the whole routine paid out and my skin is amazing.

Very good