► Too Many Problematic Ingredients, Too Dying and Irritating !

Posted by 3827GreenWood on Dec 14, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I personally find this cleanser by BWC is very dying and irritating. With some in-depth research, I am surprised to find out this cleanser actually contains too many problematic ingredients. The main cleansing agent of this cleanser is too drying & irritating for all skin types, and the formula contains several fragrant oils known to be irritating. Our skin deserves only the best ingredients. Taking everything into account, it's not something I would buy again. There are other inexpensive & high quality water-soluble cleansers to consider. I am a strong advocate on scientific medical research and evidence-based information, and constantly want to differentiate between marketing hyperbole and real world effects. I hope you'll find my review Helpful to you. Best wishes and good health to everyone!

Good Face Cleanser

Posted by bobm128 on Jun 18, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I've used BWC AHC facial cleanser for a few months now and really like it. It's my second favorite behind the Aveda (more than twice the cost) that I used to use. It does a good job of cleansing my face and doesn't seem to dry my skin. I'm 44 with a t-zone, and live in Wisconsin. The scent is herbally with some licorice. I recommend BWC AHC facial cleanser for its performance-cost ratio.

Good facial cleanser with excellent ingredients.

Posted by Reviewer1869069 on Feb 20, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have dry, sensitive skin so I was nervous about getting this, but I found it doesn't break me out or dry me out too much. My old cleanser was $28 a 4 oz bottle and this works just as well. I like the natural smell and quality ingredients. It certainly cleans my skin nicely. The only complaint is that it can be a little difficult to rinse off completely (this is perhaps because I'm using too much - a little goes a long way).

Not a favourite

Posted by Reviewer1177595 on Jul 30, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This dries out my skin, and does not prevent breakouts. (Dont know if this is what causes the breakouts) Didnt finish the bottle, and wont buy again.

Nothing

Posted by Reviewer2940113 on Sep 26, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Terrible. This cleanser was fair several years ago, so I bought it again. Unfortunately, I found out that now it's so watered down, it resembles weak soapy water. 3%AHA?! They must be kidding. For this price there're so many different potent facial cleansers, it's a shame to spend money on this one.

almost a 5 star

Posted by Reviewer2606935 on Apr 29, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I would give this a 5 if they would take out the benzyl alcohol and pheno-ethanol. It does clean well without overdrying.

Good Cleanser

Posted by Reviewer1438643 on Nov 18, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have combination skin so this cleanser works perfect for me. Face feels very clean after using it.

Very good

Posted by Reviewer1985289 on Jun 29, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Best for my oily skin!

Posted by doppelganger on Dec 28, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This one is a heavy duty-makes to prone to dryness one. At first it dried my skin pretty badly after 4 days of daily usage. It DRIED my really oily face to a paperlike texture. I immediately stopped using it and tried to rehydrate my face by any means. Now I use it once or twice per week for a deep cleanse. It unclogged pores and really cleans my skin.It works. I first got the trravel size just to test it and now I went for the bigger bottle. I use it interchangeably with the desert essence tea tree one and I always cleanse my face and neck with a wet muslin clothe. In less than a year the whole routine paid out and my skin is amazing.

great

Posted by Reviewer3139455 on Aug 28, 2008 | Verified Purchase

the only problem was that it leaked on everything else during shipment.