Chronic Fatigue Due to Suppressed Adrenal Function

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 01, 2011 | Verified Purchase

IsoCort will supplement low cortisol levels and works well in addition to adrenal glandular supplements. It will not make you feel more energetic, but it will build your cortisol levels so the rest of you feels better. Eventually, you will regain energy more quickly and have better staying power throughout the day. Start with two tablets and build until you feel better, but do not exceed recommendation. Be consistant. If you miss a dose, it will leave you with less energy the next day. It should be used ONLY if you have been tested and know you have low cortisol levels. Remember that too low cortisol symptoms are very similar to too high cortisol symptoms.

IsoCort works

Posted by TinVal on Aug 18, 2012 | Verified Purchase

You have to know that the amount of cortisol in these pellets is 2.5mg the rest is Echinacea Purpurea. It really helps to preserve the adrenals when you have long therm adrenal fatigue. I recommend it to everyone. Don't buy glandulars. They are not standardized unlike Isocort. The only remark is too much fillers - magnesium stearate, silicate, lactose... I give four stars because cortisol in this product really works!

New Formula Doesn't Work For Me

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 13, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I loved the old Isocort and really depended upon it while rebuilding my adrenals. When the new formula changed to plant based, it no longer worked for me. I'm having to go on prescription Cortef instead. I've heard of others with the same issue. Let's hope the manufacturer brings back the old formula!

Better than any other adrenal glandular here

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 19, 2011 | Verified Purchase

A very smart nutritionist explained to me that Isocort is superior to all other adrenal glandulars and here's why: - Standardized release of cortisol in each pellet unlike glandulars which are irregular in the amount they release per tablet, and per batch. - According to him, the adrenals prefer steady, not fluctuating support. So this will provide better support and healing. Since taking these I've felt better. They seem more powerful than the other glandulars I've used such as the one from Nutricology. I take licorice as well for the same reason and have cut my dose. I take 4 of these pellets at 7.30am along with vitamin C (Now Foods C-1000/calcium ascorbate that can be taken on an empty stomach) and 4 pellets at 12-1pm.

Excellent product but short of details.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 24, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Greetings. I wanted to know from what plant source was the product was made. I was more comfortable knowing it was from adrenal cortex of an animal. Pig or cow I do not know. But the closer the product is to humans, like from mammals, the better I believe it is. Thanks. Thomas K.

Oh my! What a difference!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 16, 2011 | Verified Purchase

38 year old female with "mild" adrenal insufficiency(flight or fight response is exacerbated), borderline thyroid (although symptoms are unbearable), very low BP with a high heart rate (read POTS and adrenal link), unexplained aches and pains (conveniently called CS and or fibromyalgia). I have spent a ton of money on adrenal supplements (thanks to iherb giving so many choices of brands and what not). The doctor whom I went to regularly relocated - he is a researcher/ fibro specialist. I did great on cortef and armor, until the news dropped that Aug 2011 was my final appointment. So I did a frantic search for doctors who could follow the same protocol, till today have found none or have found a doctor who tried to vary the supplements and prescription. With knowledge in my hand, and some time and money, i decided to take rein of my never ending health miseries which have plagued my life for past 10 years. Isocort (PLANT DERIVED) 8 pellets per day has been a life saver which no other adrenal supplement could do. That plus thyroid supplement plus a PS capsule at night changed my entire perspective of me, myself, my life, health everything. I decided to go off isocort because of cost (how stupid!), now am paying the price for past 1 week without isocort - i have all my allergies (in winter!), fatigue, sleepiness, no energy and all the things which plagues me before. So, I ordered today from iherb and writing this review immediately. I think this is something I have to invest in, for my wellbeing. Thanks!

Great product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 09, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I searched for months to find a natural cortisol. It has been working great for me. But, do research first on taking cortisol or hydrocortisone for low adrenal function.

Adrenal Fatique -Old Formula worked better!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 11, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I started taking IsoCort around 2008. It was recommended to me by a Naturopathic Doctor who was helping me with my fatigue issues. It was my go to when I was feeling run down, stressed and exhausted. It helped me stay focused during the day and I even had enough energy to workout after a long day of work. I stopped taking them for a while but as of recently found myself in need of them again. I began taking these and noticed that they did not have the same effect as before, so I took a look at the ingredients and realized that this product no longer contained the adrenal cortical extract (from sheep) it has been switched to a proprietary blend of "fermented plant-based cortisol" and echinacea purpurea, turning it from an adrenal glandular into a plain cortisol supplement. It's a bummer because I really loved this product but it does not work for me at all and this used to be my go-to when my adrenal function was not quite right.

Works!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 18, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Started using this for adrenal fatigue as indicated by temperature analysis (along with saliva/blood tests that shows 'slightly low' cortisol levels). These tests are too broad to let you know if you could have adrenal fatigue. For someone like me who tested on the lower end, I was told by doctors that I just needed some slight adrenal help. Wrong! Upon using the methods described by Dr. Broda and "Stop the Thyroid Madness", i plainly saw that I had adrenal fatigue. My symptoms and temp. testing were conclusive. After 2-3 days taking this I see a dramatic improvement in how I feel and my temp variations, not to mention my thyroid medication (Armour) is now actually getting to my cells and causing my temp to rise to good levels. I am going to try another brand as well that is from a bovine source so see how it compares. Again, don't let doctors tell you you don't have adrenal fatigue just because you may test w/in the enormous "bell curve" lab result! Test for yourself (using home tests) and you know your own body better than any doctor! Saliva tests are good, but if you test on the lower end, don't think that you're fine if you have the symptoms of adrenal fatigue.

Works for me

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 28, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I've been taking IsoCort for a few months now, recommended by my doctor. It has been helping with my adrenal fatigue caused by my hypothyroidism. I take 4 tablets twice a day and it has improved my energy, mental clarity and stamina, along with other hypothyroid-related medicines.