Aggravated my thyroid autoimmune response

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 07, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I am sure this a wonderful supplement. I wanted to take it for its antioxidant benefits. However, I have Hasimoto's autoimmune thyroiditis, and when I took this Alpha Lipoic Acid supplement, my thyroid swelled up markedly (which happens when I eat something that aggravates the autoimmune thyroid response, such as wheat). For those of you who have thyroid conditions, I would take ALA with a good deal of caution & watch carefully for thyroid effects. My body cannot tolerate this particular supplement.

GREAT!!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 11, 2009 | Verified Purchase

The first and second day I took this medicine I could not believe the difference in my feet. I still have a problem with the neuropathy, but it is much better than before. A neurologist recommended this pill for me.If Fern

excellent product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 30, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Bluebonnet is a very good brand of supplements. I first used Bluebonnet products when I purchased them from a very good health food store in my town. I also use Bluebonnet MSM powder. I highly recommend this brand. I use alpha lipoic acid to help with joints.

Blue bonnet Alpha Lipoic Acid

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 28, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This has become my alpha lipoic acid. That it is 200 mg works well for me so I can take it twice a day for better assimilation. I like the veggie caps.

Very good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 27, 2013 | Verified Purchase

super-antioxidant, helps to keep me going, good for the brain

Great!