The only product vegetarian

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 04, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This is 100% vegetarian for beta-carotene. The cost is minimal for this product.

Helps combat photosynsensitivity

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 06, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I was on a prescribed medication which caused photosensitivity, even after I discontinued taking the medication. My face blistered when I went out in the sun, even when wearing sunblock, hat & sunglasses. I took high doses of this product (100,000/day) and after a month, I was able to go out in the sun again with no side effects. I highly recommend this product.

Eye health

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 23, 2010 | Verified Purchase

When I don't take I can feel the difference. This product works for my eyes.

like product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 17, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have been taking this product for 2 months and like it. It is derived from natural beta-carotene, algae D. Salina. It also uses a Kosher capsule. This product does not upset my delicate stomach. Bluebonnet makes another beta-carotene but it is in a gelatin capsule and I don't like it.

Why discontinue it?

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 05, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I am hypothyroid and it is very difficult to find supplements that are soy free. So when I find one, I like to stick with it. This one was soy free, the oil-based one they have is not. It WAS a good product.

Beta-Carotine

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 21, 2010 | Verified Purchase

An ESSENCIAL aid to supporting all areas of human function. Like all suppliments is needed in higher potencies above the out date and punative R.D.As. Where R.D.As have little beefit to the most need is, the people with a lower health standard.

Keeps my face clear

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 09, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Seems to be keeping my cystic acne at bay. Haven't see much of a change in my rosacea, although I want to give it a couple more weeks to see if it helps at all with the flushing.

Middle of the road beta-carotene

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 26, 2008 | Verified Purchase

There are better sources for beta-carotene I am finding... such as the Earthrise spirulina. Not a big fan of these pills.