Too much filler and no flush - prefer Natural Factors 100mg tablets (which only contain cellulose - NO stearate)

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Mar 15, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Forget cholesterol, there are so many other reasons to take niacin as (un-reduced) nicotinic acid. NAD dependent enzymes include ---> Salicylate 1-monooxygenase, Kynurenine 3-monooxygenase, Tryptophan dehydrogenase, Mercury(II) reductase, Progesterone 5alpha-reductase, Estradiol dehydrogenases, Formyltetrahydrofolate dehydrogenase, Pteridine reductase, etc etc. If you have issues with 'asthma', CFS, MCS, salicylates, hormones, depression, tryptophan metabolism, folate metabolism - I recommend looking into NAD enzymes. Testing this brand vs Natural Factors 100mg tablet, I got absolutely zero flush. Natural Factors 100mg tablets are also easy to cut in half and only contain one filler - cellulose. These are more expensive and no more hypoallergenic than NF. Be aware that high doses of niacin/niacinamide can cause hypothyroidism - I found a few studies on pub med that noted this side effect (they also noted it resolved one month after discontinuing use) - suggest caution for anyone with thyroid issues. Niacin as nicotinic acid is also noted as resulting in decreased thyroxine binding globulin. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

niacin

Posted by wendybrown on Jul 02, 2010 | Verified Purchase

bought this for my dad and he said he flushed the first time using it. As flushing may uncomfortable, it is best to buy the flushing kind cause you are releasing toxins thru the skin. The timed release can eventually cause damage to liver.

flush says it's working!

Posted by 5557046960360560491 on Jan 06, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I've read about the pros and cons of Niacin-induced flushing. I encourage people to learn more about the benefits and side effects of Niacin. I do get a flush and tingle with this; the degree/intensity varies based on when I last ate and how big that meal was. I like this brand and would buy it again.

Bluebonnet Nutrition, Niacin, 100 mg, 90 Veggie Capsules

Posted by noneofyourfrigginbusiness on Dec 20, 2008 | Verified Purchase

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ (5/5). A high quality niacin product. A+

Good product so far

Posted by Reviewer1168101 on Sep 16, 2011 | Verified Purchase

We do get a flush with this niacin, but we expected it. I understand that this form is good for lowering cholesterol. The capsules are small so are easy to take.

Good Stuff

Posted by Reviewer1888437 on Feb 18, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This is my second order. I like the Niacin - in this dosage. You can feel the stuff working (flush). I try to do 500 mg per day (spread out).

Bluebonnet Nutrition Niacin

Posted by Reviewer2680862 on Jul 11, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I am pleased that iHerb sells this product

Service is top. Notch

Posted by 4819751978012392023 on Apr 15, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Product is very good. We take it for the rush.

good

Posted by 4889898362182790631 on Oct 16, 2016 | Verified Purchase

good

Part of a cholesterol management regeim with ...

Posted by Reviewer1465935 on May 18, 2011 | Verified Purchase

... Now Foods, Policosanol, 10 mg, 90 Vcaps and Now Foods, Red Yeast Rice with CoQ10, 600 mg/30 mg, 120 Vcaps but won't know the results until the level is tested again in 2-3 months ...