UPDATED REVIEW - New formula, smaller softgels, better all round - NO SOY - Not derived from lanolin

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Nov 09, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I bought this previously when the carrier oil was soy and the softgels were 'normal' sized and was unimpressed with the product. While re-scanning through the vit D options available on here more recently, I checked this one again, noticed the carrier oil has changed to safflower and decided to try them once more. On receipt of the product, I've found the softgels are at least half the size they used to be, which means less 'other' ingredients. They no longer contain soy and in my opinion are perhaps the most hypoallergenic option around that is not derived from lanolin. I like that Bluebonnet always clearly note any allergens in their products and also specify what allergens their products are free of - user friendly. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

awful

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 11, 2009 | Verified Purchase

These softgels are actually quite hard. And together with their size and shape are extremely difficult to swallow.

Easy to swallow

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 24, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have trouble swallowing large pills but the 1000 IU capsule goes down easily. My dr. increased my Vit D intake to 2000 so this makes it much easier to do.

Love the brand, not the vitamin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 17, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I am usually really happy with Bluebonnet items, but these pills are larger than most. They are supposed to be soft, but I can still feel them going down. A little surprising. Quality item over all.

Outstanding Product and Service !

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 07, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Thank you for your continued service.

The new wonder vitamin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 14, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Have used vitamin D3 for back & joint pain for 3 years but it was the dry capsule form. The results with the softgel one was even better. It is also helping the knee pain as well.

Nice size.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 02, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Need to take more Vitamin D3 during winter and this is nice size for a family.

Good product at a really good price

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 05, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Good product at a really good price!

good price

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 07, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I like this D

D3 is very Important

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 25, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This is a new product for me...and ..so far..so good. will reorder at this point.

1 2