Good form of zinc

Posted by Reviewer2025838 on May 04, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have to watch my intake of copper so it's nice to find a zinc supplement that doesn't contain copper. I wish it was in a slightly lower dosage, though.

Great absorption

Posted by 4706965559827914660 on Mar 25, 2015 | Verified Purchase

This form of Zinc seems to absorb better. By my AMA and Chinese doctors, I don't really need Zinc, but when I take it I don't catch grandchildren's or co-workers colds etc. iHerb packs things well too.

Picolinate is the most absorbable form of zinc

Posted by vitality on Jun 24, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I was taking a tablet from another brand but this one is so much more effective. Since taking it sores have been healing and hormones getting more balanced etc. Picolinate capsules are far better absorbed than the chelates or tablets. I'm taking two of these a day to treat a deficiency - my body is needing much larger amounts that usual due to long term illness (severe deficiency shown through tests). Be careful with this as excessive amounts (such as if there is no deficiency) can suppress the immune system or cause an imbalance with copper levels in your body. Zinc helps heal the gut and supports the nervous system. A standard amount to supplement with is 15-20mg/day, preferably of zinc picolinate (Thorne is good).

good.

Posted by Reviewer2919146 on Jan 19, 2011 | Verified Purchase

good. but price is not reasonable.

Zinc

Posted by Reviewer1118001 on May 13, 2010 | Verified Purchase

According to my Dr. it is the highest quality Zinc product on the market. No results yet but no issues either.

tried both bluebonnet and now foods

Posted by 5699993330116946412 on Dec 02, 2012 | Verified Purchase

for my zinc picolinate and bluebonnet was the winner. i divide the capsules in half so i'm taking 25 mg doses and have no problems taking multiple doses during the day. very agreeable with my stomach.

very effective

Posted by 5560831101371935465 on Jan 21, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I was taking zinc chelate 30mg before I switch to this product. I feel that this products is either better absorbed or that I really need 50mg daily. I feel better with this product and no longer feel like catching a cold.

veg friendly & cheap

Posted by 4749031583998150554 on Oct 22, 2013 | Verified Purchase

what more could you ask for? this is the best price i've ever found for these. period. quick shipping too!

Healing

Posted by Reviewer3193099 on Jun 28, 2010 | Verified Purchase

The zinc seems to be working fine...healed a cut I had for awhile. I am highly allergic to many things so the fact that I can take these is a plus.

picolinate the only way to go

Posted by Reviewer2291009 on Nov 17, 2010 | Verified Purchase

we have used plenty of different types of zinc sppliments but never got good absorbtion. picolinated zinc is best.

1 2