my favorite GF pizza crust

Posted by GrumpyMcSleepyhead on Mar 04, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I've tried a few mixes and several recipes, but this mix is hands-down my favorite so far. In fact, by the time I had finished my first package, I had ordered five more! A few comments: The product instructions state that one package will make two 12" pizza crusts. In my experience, I can get up to four out of one package, unless I'm making deep-dish pizza. I like to "roll" this dough out between two sheets of silcone-coated cooking parchment. After spreading it out to the proper size with my hands and/or rolling pin, I pre-bake the crust on the parchment for about 8 minutes, then add the ingredients. You can also do this in a large frying pan. Start with a cold pan, then oil, parchment, oil, crust, and then turn the heat up to high. I do this with a gas stove -- not sure how it would work with an electric burner, since they heat up more slowly. In any case, it's extremely important to pre-bake the crust, possibly for longer than the instructions say.

regularly get this

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 22, 2014 | Verified Purchase

always get this when do iherb orders. quick, easy success for dinner. you have to make 2 by instructions but one ball keeps well in fridge or freezer

Has multiple purposes

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 05, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I use this mix to roll out pita breads and other flat breads (less water, dough keeps in fridge for five days, hot oven roast or dry pan fry). My wheat eating family members prefer it.

It was easier than I expected.

Posted by ShirleyDabbs on Dec 14, 2012 | Verified Purchase

It was easier than I expected. I did not use a bread machine. The instructions were clear and easy to follow. The crust was great. Both my son and husband did not even know they were eating gluten free pizza!

Turned out great!

Posted by filmoyster on Nov 12, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I am not a baker or pizza maker, but by following the directions I actually made a pretty decent tasting pizza for the first time in my life. This dough does need to be spread thin as it puffs up in baking and the recipes makes bigger diameter pizzas than written on the package IMO.

quick and easy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 18, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Delicious fresh pizza, fast and easy - my husband doesn't even know it's gluten free! I bake it with flax substitute for eggs and it works just fine. Will be ordering in bulk!

Bob's Red Mill Pizza Crust Whole Grain Gluten Free

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 28, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Best Gluten Free Pizza mix I have found!

Good Crust

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 11, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This is a nice mix that does what it says it does. Actually works similar to regular pizza crust. More doughy than chewy, but that is to be expected since there is no gluten.

Very doughy

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 25, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I found the dough very wet and difficult to work with. When cooked, the base had a very doughy consistency that we didn't like.

Staple for gf families

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 08, 2017 | Verified Purchase

This is seriously easy to use in a bread machine and makes a decent thin crust for a gf blend.

1 2 3