Good for sprouting

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 08, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I was a little apprehensive about ordering these because it doesn't say raw on the package, but they sprouted well for me. I did the short soak, and put them in a sprouting jar for a couple days, and little tails emergerd! Great for making blender pancakes, tossing into a soup, or just toasting and eating with some honey. Just remember that these are a fruit - my daughter has allergies to seemingly all fruits, and cannot eat buckwheat either.

Great organic whole grain buckwheat groats.

Posted by Leione on Jul 16, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Very aromatic, delicious, and nutritious organic whole grain buckwheat groats with a nutty flavor. In addition to being gluten free and suitable for people with celiac disease and gluten intolerance, non-GMO, and eco-friendly, these organic buckwheat groats are rich in protein, dietary fiber, niacin (vitamin B3), vitamin B6, thiamin (vitamin B1), riboflavin (vitamin B2), folic acid (vitamin B9), manganese, selenium, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, iron, calcium, potas sium, phytosterols, antioxidants, and flavonoids, and beneficial for people suffering from diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, obesity, heart disease, gastritis, acid reflux, nausea, indigestion, osteoporosis, arthritis, rheumatism and even cancer. This product helps stabilize blood sugar and regulate insulin levels, prevents blood spikes keeping you full longer, flushes toxins out of the body, aids digestion, prevents heartburn and acid reflux, increases appetite, soothes the stomach lining, reduces colon inflammation, normalizes blood pressure, lowers triglycerides and LDL or "bad" cholesterol levels while increasing HDL or "good" cholesterol, protects against strokes, atherosclerosis and peripheral arterial disease, boosts and strengthens the immune system, neutralizes free radicals, helps maintain healthy bones, teeth, joints, skin, nails, and hair, and even reduces the risk of cancer. It's a great healthy addition to any diet and I love it: not only is it delicious and great in different recipes, but also it helps normalize my cholesterol levels and blood pressure and relieves the symptoms of my acid reflux and gastritis. Wonderful product. Highly recommended.

Calif.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 19, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I love this product. I soak it overnight in water, drain it and dehydrate it for about 3 hours on very low heat. It dries to a crisp and I snack on it as if it is nuts, or maybe I'm nuts! Tastes great, is crunchy and is even good in cottage cheese or as a cereal with cold milk.

Red Hills Buckwheat Groats

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 01, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This product is a traditional course in my Ukrainian Christmas Eve dinner of 12 dishes (representing the 12 apostles). Leftovers are added to any of the soups days and days after. Besides taste, Buckwheat Groats should be a staple that could be available in regular grocery markets. Perhaps this type of addition to the oats category may add wise consumers to "taste and see" how good it is.

Tastes Like Popcorn!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 25, 2008 | Verified Purchase

What I like about these is they cook in 12 minutes so you get whole grain goodness in a hurry! With the flavor of pocorn, we added butter and salt! I will order these again!

Fresh and tasty

Posted by x-tine on Jan 16, 2012 | Verified Purchase

These are great buckwheat groats. It cooks up in less than 20 mins and can be eaten as a hot cereal or makes a great grain-based salad. Tastes really good with tomoato-based sauces too (think pasta sauce) with a sprinkling of vinegar and nutritional yeast. Yum!

Another great breakfast treat!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 17, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Hot cereal in the morning ~ or anytime, especially in winter. Cook in water with a little salt, molasses and butter. I add pecans, blueberries and bananas and coconut milk. This is my all-time favorite breakfast!

A Protein Rich Grain

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 01, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I ground the groats to make a nutrient dense bread. The results were incredible. This is an item I will purchase regularly.

A Nice Addition to Oats

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 08, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I add buckwheat groats to my morning oats. It adds a pleasant round grain to the texture of the hot cereal. The whole grains are good for you, too. I plan to try the groats as an occasional rice substitute.

Great superfood

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 21, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I'd never had buckwheat in my life, so when I found it in iHerb's catalogue at so convenient a price, I decided to get it. Buckwheat does not have a very strong flavour or anything, but that makes it ideal to have it as a savoury side--with sauteed mushrooms and caramelized onions is delicious--or as a hot cereal in the morning. If you're looking for a more nutritious alternative to oats, look no more--have buckwheat. Ok, it is more expensive than oats, but it's worth it.