One of the essentials in my gluten free pantry!

Posted by iHerbalicious on Nov 20, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have a coeliac disease so a gluten free diet is of a vital importance to me. I buy most of gluten free flours from iHerb, since in our country (EU market) selection of GF products is not that wide - in last years has improved a lot but we are not there yet;) And GF sorghum flour is one of the products that have not yet reached our shelves, so I am really glad I discovered it on iHerb. I must say that from all GF flours I’ve tried, sorghum flour is the one that (taste wise) the most resembles wheat. I use it in my home baked GF bread (I mix it with other GF flours, but usually sorghum flour represents 50%) and it is great for thickening sauces. I heartily recommend it to all of coeliacs out there! :)

Good gluten-free flour

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 25, 2009 | Verified Purchase

We mix this with Potato Starch and Tapioca Flour for a base gluten-free flour to replace cup-for-cup wheat flour in any recipe and everything turns out great. 1 bag sorghum, 1 bag potato, 3 cups tapioca.) Great price at iHerb!

The best gluten free flour I have used.

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 25, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I almost gave up on gluten free baking until I tried one more attempt with sorghum flour. Now I can make baked goods that taste similar to the wheat versions we were use to using sorghum, coconut, and tapioca flour. I also use lots of ground oats.

Bob's Sorghum flour

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 08, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Blend this with your Sweet Rice Flour, potato and corn starch, and your bread will be much tastier!!! It is too bad IHerb doesn't carry the Bob's Sweet Rice Flour. They ship fast and free if your order is large enough.

great product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 29, 2008 | Verified Purchase

We are a wheat-free family and I use sorghum flour in all the recipes that call for soy or garbanzo flour. It works just as well without the uncooked bean flavor. It has a very mild flavor.

Glutenfritt mel!

Posted by etiskhandel on Jun 17, 2012 | Verified Purchase

bob's red mill produserer okologisk mat og har forsket paa glutenfrie produkter i 30 aar med det formaalet aa skape de beste innen glutenfrie produkter. Jeg bruker dette melet til pizzabunner og vafler. I forhold til annet glutenfritt mel saa syntes jeg dette er bedre fordi det ikke klumper i rora. Er veldig fornoyd, og bestiller jevnlig :)

GLuten free flour

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 06, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is a very tasty flour at an excellent price - we pay almost 3 times this price in Australia. I always mix it with other flours at a rough 20%.

yummy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 01, 2012 | Verified Purchase

this is a must for any gluten free pantry. sweet flour with body and substance. this is a heavy flour and best used with other lighter flours, but makes all the difference in taste and texture.

Bob's Red Mill Sweet White Sorghum Flour

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 28, 2010 | Verified Purchase

really like this flour as it provides protein when added to my other gluten free flours and lowers the overall GI. works really well at 20-30% of the overall flour mix and taste is quite good

sorghum flour as a substitute for rice flour

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 11, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Sorghum flour is an exact 1-to-1 replacement for rice flour in my gluten-free baking without the grit. Sugar cookies turned out very well. I just made a cake using the sorghum so I don't know how it turned out yet.