Vital Wheat Gluten

Posted by Reviewer1839530 on Jun 16, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Works really easy in making seitan. For someone who recently became a vegan makes making seitan a snap

Great product!

Posted by Reviewer1600024 on Dec 23, 2016 | Verified Purchase

It is so hard to find wheat gluten in the store anymore, with all the frenzy about wheat gluten intolerance. So, I am glad that iHerb has it available. I make my own seitan, and it is delicious, and high in protein, which makes it a good vegan protein option. Highly recommend for those who are not gluten intolerant.

Perfect everytime.

Posted by 5329945723409160480 on Apr 29, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I use this brand exclusively for VWG now, because the quality is amazing, it's cheap, long lasting and makes excellent seitan and baked goods.

Good protein source, timely delivery and good prices

Posted by Reviewer2388276 on Oct 14, 2009 | Verified Purchase

We are vegetarians and I had been looking for a protein source to be included in our diet, especially because I wanted to lose some weight. We make seitan out of the flour. This product is excellent as I found that this has a higher protein to carbohydrate ratio compared to other wheat gluten flour brands. The prices at iherb are unbeatable, especially when you order in bulk and save on shipping costs.

Mircea Micula

Posted by Reviewer1760468 on Oct 26, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I am very happy with the wheat gluten I ordered, it makes a lot of difference in my rye bread. I wish I had discovered this secret sooner. Thank you.

Great for making Seitan!

Posted by 4632166134727859053 on May 26, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I made seitan using this flour and it came out great. Would buy again.

Great product!

Posted by 4817076032824502127 on May 23, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I purchased this product to enhance my baking and I'm pleased to say that it works! Just adding it to plain flour is enough to make great scones, sweet yeast cakes etc... I would recommend it to those who are yearning for old-fashioned baking experience for a relatively low cost.

Good

Posted by Reviewer1878151 on May 15, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I use this when making spelt bread, since spelt has less gluten than modern wheat.

make bread more fluffy

Posted by 5667421260849319969 on Mar 28, 2017 | Verified Purchase

it does make bread more fluffy as it says. satisfied.

Easy to work with

Posted by 5535338423176274373 on Oct 22, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Made great seitan out of this!