Amazing gluten free grain.

Posted by Leione on Apr 23, 2014 | Verified Purchase

So delicious and nutritious. In addition to being gluten free and suitable for people with celiac disease and gluten intolerance, this ancient Ethiopian grain is rich in protein, dietary fiber, B vitamins (thiamin, vitamin B6, niacin, folic acid, riboflavin), iron, calcium, potas sium, copper, zinc, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, selenium, phytosterols and antioxidants, and is beneficial for people suffering from diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, obesity, heart disease, gastritis, acid reflux, nausea, indigestion, osteoporosis, arthritis, rheumatism and even cancer: it helps stabilize blood sugar and regulate insulin levels, prevents blood spikes keeping you full longer, aids digestion, prevents heartburn and acid reflux, increases appetite, soothes the stomach lining, reduces colon inflammation, normalizes blood pressure, lowers triglycerides and LDL or "bad" cholesterol levels while increasing HDL or "good" cholesterol, protects against strokes, atherosclerosis and peripheral arterial disease, helps maintain healthy bones and teeth, and even reduces the risk of cancer. I love this whole grain teff and add it to different recipes: not only is it delicious, has a mild flavor and makes food taste better, but also it helps normalize my cholesterol levels and blood pressure and relieves the symptoms of my acid reflux and gastritis. Wonderful product. Highly recommended.

Versatile gluten-free grain

Posted by Reviewer3014540 on Jun 27, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I really like this grain as a wheat substitute. It is high in nutrients, and one of the few non-acidic grains. I prefer milling my own flour from whole grains, and this teff tastes just like wheat to me (For good rising success, add 1 tsp. xanthum gum per cup of teff flour). A tasty hot cereal recipe and a HEALTHY chocolate pudding recipe is on the back of the package, using whole teff. Even my picky teenager liked it. It is a brown color, but the taste is great.

my favorite grain

Posted by Reviewer1676014 on Dec 13, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I love this non gluten grain. I make the cereal recipe on the package, then chill it, slice it, sautee it, pour some cinnamon and egg over it: French Teff it is with whatever you want to put on top! Scrumptious

Whole grain teff

Posted by Reviewer2011970 on Dec 28, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This makes WONDERFUL hot breakfast cereal! For each serving, just toast 1/3 Cup in a sauce pan over medium heat for a few minutes (until the grain smells yummy) then add 2/3 Cup water, bring to a boil, then cover simmer over low heat for about 8-10 minutes. Believe me, it's worth the wait!

Tasty Teff!

Posted by Reviewer1839232 on Oct 14, 2008 | Verified Purchase

A tasty gluten free alternative, very high in both fiber and protein... We made the porridge with dates, honey, and walnuts, and it was delicious (recipe on the bag).

big surprise

Posted by Reviewer2937505 on Jun 21, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I wasn't sure what to expect since I've never used this before. But it makes a great breakfast mixed with yogurt and some flax seeds. It's very filling and I don't get hungry latter in the morning. I was very pleased.

WOAOW

Posted by 4906662583892594876 on May 06, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I didnt know what teff was 106 days ago , i am making sure that all of my friends know.

good value

Posted by 5429909005473431930 on Mar 15, 2017 | Verified Purchase

everything is fresh

The product has a very nutrient value.

Posted by 4959464419722493916 on Mar 02, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I used this product and it is really helpful in improving my health.

Teff

Posted by 4848659647506604559 on Oct 09, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I enjoyed this top quality Teff. I toast it just a minute or two with a tiny bit of coconut oil before I add the liquid to cook it. I often follow the instructions on the package for a porridge, what makes the porridge so wonderful is the flavor of cloves. I also add a small amount of toasted teff to any soup I want to thicken .

1 2 3 4