Relieves Itchy Skin from Dyshidrotic Eczema/Pompholyx

Posted by rabbit on Aug 29, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I've had Dyshidrotic Eczema, or Pompholyx, on my left heel for about three years now. For a few days, skin will itch, blister, and weep and then alternate with a period of extremely dry, cracked, fissured skin. This process repeats itself indefinitely. I'm not sure exactly what caused it, but looking back, I believe that it was triggered when I rubbed my heel against a concrete sidewalk. It is believed that Pompholyx is caused by a metal allergy and concrete contains a wide variety of metals. Stress is also said to be a contributing factor and is something which I have experienced to the extreme over the past four years. I've been experimenting with different supplements as a systemic approach to treating the problem - selenium is one that I am trying out at the moment. I haven't yet found a cure for the eczema itself, but this cream relieves the severely itchy skin that results from this difficult and persistent skin condition. It works almost immediately. I also use Shikai Borage Therapy Foot Cream to handle the dry, cracked, and fissured skin that always emerges after the itching phase.

Love it!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 25, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have terrible allergies and seem to react to anything I touch and every insect bite. This leads to many sleepless nights due to constant itching. I used to rely on cortisone to quell the itch, but this product is wonderful! I now keep a tube on my nightstand and another in my purse at all times. Highly recommended for poison ivy, mosquito bites, hives, etc..

The BEST!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 18, 2010 | Verified Purchase

My daughter had a weird rash on her hands and I tried EVERYTHING but steroid cream. This stuff is amazing- worked like a charm- I will have this in my home @ all times!

Florasone Cream

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 10, 2008 | Verified Purchase

If you can believe it I ordered this product for my cat who suffers from skin allergies. She was on regular Vet prescribed cortisone, but when the medicine was discontinued the rash came back so I switched to the Florasone creme. It has helped her without the harmful effects of cortisone.

Better than Elidel

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 21, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This is the only cream that has brought relief to my husband's severe eczema. He had to take 3 months off of work because his hands were so bad that he was actually missing the top layer of skin on them. Cheaper than the prescription, not known to cause cancer, and he is back to work. Price and shipping is resonable and fast!

Best all over cream!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 24, 2011 | Verified Purchase

If you have dry and cracked hands/fingers, this product mends them well. Works very well on dry patches anywhere on your body. You men out there, if you have a shave burn (on your face of course) this is great! Been using this product for over 10 years!

Natural alternative to Cortisone.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 27, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I was always afraid to use cortisone cream on my son's face after several dermatologist visits..for seborric dermatitis.. I have tried many other facial medications that only worsened or did not help at all.. I hope they never quit selling this product..It keeps his dermatitis under control.. and is all I use now..

A lifesaver!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 22, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I never had skin problems until I was exposed to mold at the public rec center that I used to exercise at. Along with the thousands of other health issues the mold caused, my hands broke out in THOUSANDS of painful blisters. Then when they would pop, they'd itch so much I used a metal brush on them. My hands were so tender I had to wear cotton gloves and salve at all times, and even typing on the computer HURT!The only thing that gave me relief was Florasone. The blister phase lasted for 2-3 years and now if I keep up on the Florasone, my hands stay pretty good. I have tubes all over the house, in my car and in my purse. It is truly a lifesaver for me!

Helps with itching

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 14, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Following a friend's advice, I began using Florasone in place of cortizone creams for itching, eczema-like rashes. It does work just as well, so now I use this natural product in place of the other.

Old favorite

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 06, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Works better than hydrocortisone cream for me and my family.