Posted by Reviewer1267904 on Jun 20, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Very comprehensive - sound nutritional advice written from a lay perspective, not a lot of medical jargon, but when necessary, interpretation to common language follows. It has changed how I look at nutrition and losing weight. The book has some sample recipes, etc., but is less about an actual "Diet" and is more about understanding how carbs and proteins cause the endocrine system to react. Extremely well researched with a comprehensive bibliography and reference section.

Lifts the fog of misinformation about thyroid disease and weight issues

Posted by Reviewer1589784 on Aug 28, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Weight gain is one of the most vexing issues faced by those with thyroid disorders. Even those patients fortunate enough to be given effective treatment can still struggle with their weight. This book provides both background information on thyroid disease and a concise and well-ordered series of plans for weight loss which are tailored to the individual. I have been using the plan suited to my situation and it is working. I've already lost 5 lbs. and know that I can continue to lose by following the plan. I recommend it to anyone with thyroid diaease.

Posted by Reviewer1613322 on May 18, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This had excellent information for me. I was going to change doctors because I had been struggling with weight loss for apprx 2 years and before I could even tell him I was reading this book, he offered up information I had been reading about. He has upped my meds because my thyroid just isn't doing what it's suppose to do even though I am exercising and following a healthy eating plan. I believe this book has been extremely helpful especially the chapters on nutrition and vitamins. I have started a regimen of vitamins and minerals as suggested in the book and feel 100% better.

A Great Resource

Posted by Reviewer1037913 on Jan 20, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I recently found out that I had severe hypothyroidism, unfortunately not until after I had gained 30lbs in under a year. Even with the medicine and exercise I wasn't able to lose the weight. This book has helped me understand how my body is working, new things to try, and even questions to ask my doctor. I would recommend this book to anyone who has a thyroid problem.

This Book is very Informative!

Posted by Reviewer1609084 on Aug 03, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I am suffering Hypothyriod after the thyriod surgery (before I was Hypertyriod). After suffering from this almost 15 years and really get angry with Doctors who only wants T3-T4 and TSH exams,and giving medication and nothing else, (suggestion on diet options, supplements, right dosages etc),I might (maybe) finally found a book that shows me there might be other solutions to better my life. Which directions I should look and find what functions to me.. Book does not say to you what you must do but it addresses you to find out what might work for you.Lots of information on supplemets, diet and other conditions which might affecting you.. Once you find what works to you (this can change from person to person) you can feel better. Thanks to Mary J. Shamon for this book.. I wish I had read it earlier.

Posted by Reviewer1105433 on Jan 13, 2008 | Verified Purchase

What i have gotten read so far seems to have a lot of really good inf. I think it will be helpful.

Super fast shipping!

Posted by Reviewer2807944 on Oct 17, 2007 | Verified Purchase

Received book in two days! Very pleased.

Posted by Reviewer2071813 on Nov 30, 2007 | Verified Purchase

Fast shipping and I haven't finished reading the book, but it has been extremely informative and helpful already.

Very good book

Posted by Reviewer1002480 on Nov 06, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I haven't finished reading this book yet, but just from the beginning this book already gives me lots of information and I learn so much about thyroid from it.

The thyroid diet

Posted by Reviewer2902714 on Feb 20, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Very informative and helpful. Contains information all thyroid suffers need to know and Doctors fail to tell them.