Buyers beware!

Posted by 4943797960547833871 on Jan 25, 2015 | Verified Purchase

They've changed the formula! It now includes Magnesium Oxide, a useless form of magnesium that isn't absorbed by the body. When I ordered this product, it was still the old (fully chelated) formula that was listed here on iHerb. But when the product arrived in Sweden, I had gotten the new formula – that I will not use (I'm very careful about what I put in my body). This was my first bad experience with iHerb and with Carlson Labs. Normally iHerb is a superb company, but I'll certainly be complaining about this: not receiving the product I payed for. I'll return to Doctor's Best Chelated Magnesium for a superior magnesium product. I should never have tried switching.

Great

Posted by Reviewer3144007 on Dec 22, 2011 | Verified Purchase

These are a little on the large side, but I like that they are 200 mg so it's fewer pills to take (I take 600 mg). They are smooth and I don't have any problems taking them. Magnesium glycinate is very absorbable and I have never had digestive problems like I did with magnesium oxide or citrate. This is probably the most important supplement I take. When I skip it I regret it. It helps me sleep wonderfully when taken at bedtime and gives me more energy during the day. Also helps control sugar cravings and keeps appetite normal and healthy. My senses of hearing and touch also benefit in that they are no longer overly sensitive causing discomfort. My autistic son has seen many of the same benefits.

If you've got nervous tension or anxiety...

Posted by Reviewer2650401 on Dec 11, 2011 | Verified Purchase

then you need extra Magnesium. Helped with my panic disorder and jaw muscle tension, TMJ. it has since subsided by at least half. Especially important if you're tapering off antidepressants.

Miracle Magnesium

Posted by Reviewer1393698 on Sep 19, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I started taking magnesium in July09, and I have realized major cardiac improvements, especially with regard to my rhythm disturbances and fatigue...

High Quality Chelated Magnesium

Posted by HelloItsMe on Dec 05, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Excellent quality, very absorbable form of magnesium. Husband and I take 400 mg at night with a sip of fruit juice, then water. Helps ensure restful sleep. Also helps prevent leg cramps in husband. Highly recommend you check out the book, The Magnesium Factor, to find out how deficient most Americans are and how this helps cardiac issues. I've found that since taking this, I'm not as susceptible to allergic response to MSG (no more headaches).

Update: formula changed

Posted by Reviewer2631717 on May 09, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I wanted to order this again, but now the the bottle contains magnesium oxide! My almost empty bottle only states magnesium glycinate. Was the old description wrong or did they change the formula? Our doctor ordered us to take Magnesium ONLY in the chelated form - not the oxide form. She said magnesium glyconate is a good absorbable and most important, a cheap form. For some people it might react with their antidepressants to lower their mood, but in others it might even make them less depressed. Seems to be a very subjective thing.

Good Product

Posted by Reviewer3067489 on May 27, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I like the type of magnesium I get from this product. The pills are large to swallow, but that is ok. The chelated magnesium form carlson labs does not give me bloating like other brands of the glycinate magnesium.

wonderful feeling of warmth and joy

Posted by Reviewer3318567 on May 05, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have the same wonderful feeling of warmth and joy with what magnesium citrate gives me and it makes me sleep deep and relaxed also.The tablet is softer and dilutes faster. My partner is also enthusiastic because as she says, it does not give her diarrea like citrate.Looks like Carlson's magnesium will be my favorite from now on. Excellent product. And so cheap and fast from Iherb!

Favorite magnesium!

Posted by Reviewer2607509 on Aug 09, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This chelated magnesium is my favorite, works great for any constipation without any cramping. Keeps you very regular and also helps with heart issues. No longer pain around my heart after taking this along with omegas, and B-12

using poorly absorbed magnesium

Posted by Reviewer1613928 on Apr 20, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I have fibromyalgia and was taking this to help with my muscles. This was working fairly well in keeping my muscle cramps at bay, but they must've changed the formula yet again. The blend is glycinate & oxide but who knows the ratio of the two could've changed to them using more oxide to cut costs. It could be more like a 50/50 ratio. That's what it feels like because both me & my husband are suffering from an increased amount of muscle cramps. Oxides are so poorly absorbed that out of a 500mg dose you're lucky if you're absorbing 12mg. Don't waste you're money on this. Looks like I'm going to have to switch to the Dr. Best brand. There's is all glycinate.