Recommend Twinlabs manganese instead. NOTE: manganese may not be suitable for hypothyroid conditions

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Nov 18, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I don't recommend this chelate. I recommend Twinlabs manganese instead - it's effective, and the caps are much smaller than another (Bluebonnet) for the same mg/cap - thus less filler/chelate. When taking manganese, suggest ensuring you meet RDI for: iodine, sodium, retinol, niacin (as nicotinic acid). My note re hypothyroid - manganese is an iodine antagonist, therefore suggest caution if iodine intake is low or treating a thyroid condition. While manganese is required for normal thyroid function and is involved in the formation of thyroxin, high levels of manganese can cause hypothyroidism. Manganese Superoxide Dismutase is protector of thyroid hormone activity in the liver - the liver regulates manganese excretion via bile. Manganese is known as the "Anti-Pear-Shape" mineral – involved in fat metabolism, it helps reduce weight gain on the hips and thighs. Deficiency causes fatty liver, resulting in the generation of lipid peroxides and fat gain around the waist. I've never found it to be a great outcome when I take too much of anything that needs/depletes manganese - Mitochondrial Superoxide Dismutase is a manganese enzyme (think chronic fatigue syndrome). I've also tried Solgar, Bluebonnet, and Cardiovascular Research (and Twinlabs). I found glycine detracts from some of the benefits manganese is known for - if you get no/poor results, perhaps try another chelate before writing manganese off. Glycine acts as a neurotransmitter antagonist - thus won't be suitable for everyone. Glycine is also unsuitable for anyone on a low-purine diet. This is the third manganese glycinate I've tried - regardless of brand/mineral (i.e. not just this brand/manganese), glycinate gives me bad headaches and causes me to feel awful - gluconate never does. Manganese may help raise low stomach acid and absorption is enhanced by higher HCl acid levels - avoid taking with calcium, magnesium, etc. The following either deplete/need manganese, thus can help manipulate levels up (by reducing/avoiding) or down (by taking more of), depending on your requirements: iodine, sodium, niacin, vit A, vit D, phosphorus, B12, vit C, boron, magnesium, calcium, B1, B6, silica, biotin, vit E, choline, lithium, high fat or high protein diet. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Posted by MyPersonalReview on Jan 13, 2014 | Verified Purchase

slow down my girlfriend hair loss grwoth before i start her on my hair protcotol whicch help her to hair fullness now. Do click my username NOW and view my page in Iherb to see all the reviews I have written of those purchased products I ordered in Iherb. ( It may takes days to months before I write the review as I need to try them thoroughly ensuring the preciseness and accurate experience taking in comparison to the thousands of page of research papers I have read which is the main reason leading me to buy the product from Iherb because simply, I want to contribute myself in this humanity world.

Great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 12, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Another great product from Carlson. Pills are a little big but they're really easy to split with your hands if you need to dose.

Carlson Labs, Chelated Manganese

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 10, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Excellent product!

High strength

Posted by Jodi-Hummingbird on Aug 17, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Great product great price

Great

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 04, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This was highly recommended by my nutritionist.

Price is excellent.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 26, 2017 | Verified Purchase

The main drawback is because it comes in a "double" daily dose. I overcome that by dividing the tablet in two and taking half a day. The recommendation to take one table every other day doesn't work because people just forget what they have taken two hours ago. That is the sad but real truth.

d