Does not get absorbed quickly

Posted by Reviewer1621147 on Oct 24, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Carlson is a good company. But this Carlson niacin tablet takes too long to dissolve and therefore too long to get absorbed. So, unlike the Twinlab capsule of niacin, which give a person the niacin flush immediately, and gets it over with, the Carlson niacin flush takes a long time to come on and stays too long.

Great product

Posted by Jodi-Hummingbird on Jan 31, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Great price too. My only issue is that they are not scored!

Worked wonders for me

Posted by Reviewer2477934 on Nov 23, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I was prescribed Crestor for high cholesterol. After 6 months I had to stop taking it due to severe muscle aches and fatigue. I decided to give this Niacin a try due to some research. After 3 months of taking 3 of these a day (one with each meal) I just got back from the doctor and the results of my blood work are nothing short of amazing. My numbers are LOWER than what they were on Crestor, and I feel amazing! Yes, I do get the flushing about half the time (depending on what / how much I have had to eat or drink) but I have got used to it, and based on some research I actually look forward to it because I know it is doing its job. I think it is fair to say that I am a big fan of this Niacin. My doctor was amazed at my results.

I feel great!

Posted by Reviewer1054966 on Nov 21, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have noticed since taking this great product that my moods are far more balanced. After watching foodmatters I tried it and am super happy I did! : )

It's fine

Posted by Reviewer2862676 on Feb 06, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Nice small almond shaped tablet, easy to swallow and effective form of niacin.

this is the flushing niacin

Posted by Reviewer1155703 on Feb 05, 2010 | Verified Purchase

My doctor told me to start taking the "flushing" niacin to help with my cholesterol. I go back next week to get my lab work done, so I will find out then if it is helping. Wish me luck!

Carlson Labs, Niacin, 500 mg, 250 Tablets

Posted by Reviewer2999230 on Oct 23, 2009 | Verified Purchase

good product and good price

Niacin purchase review

Posted by Reviewer1642676 on Oct 10, 2009 | Verified Purchase

So far, so good! thank you

Great flush - good for hair growth and joints

Posted by Reviewer3293874 on Oct 22, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Sometimes I take two of this tablets. Before taking them, I eat a little bit food. A short time after, there´s a great flushing, and my skin feels very warm. This flushing increases the blood circulation in the body. Because of this, also the blood circulation on the scalp is increased. So this is a good protection against hail loss. Its also good for the joints. Sometimes I take two tablets before doing sports. Then I feel, that my knees and other active joints become very warm. This process helpts the joints to get healty, and to get rid of problems and pains. I prefer this product, because it causes a fast good flush, which ist necessary to reach an improved blood circulation. The niacinamide (non flushing) doesn´t support these (blood circulation) advantages! Also time released pruducts dosen´t support the "blood-circulation-effect" so well.

niacin