Does not get absorbed quickly

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 24, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Carlson is a good company. But this Carlson niacin tablet takes too long to dissolve and therefore too long to get absorbed. So, unlike the Twinlab capsule of niacin, which give a person the niacin flush immediately, and gets it over with, the Carlson niacin flush takes a long time to come on and stays too long.

Worked wonders for me

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 23, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I was prescribed Crestor for high cholesterol. After 6 months I had to stop taking it due to severe muscle aches and fatigue. I decided to give this Niacin a try due to some research. After 3 months of taking 3 of these a day (one with each meal) I just got back from the doctor and the results of my blood work are nothing short of amazing. My numbers are LOWER than what they were on Crestor, and I feel amazing! Yes, I do get the flushing about half the time (depending on what / how much I have had to eat or drink) but I have got used to it, and based on some research I actually look forward to it because I know it is doing its job. I think it is fair to say that I am a big fan of this Niacin. My doctor was amazed at my results.

It's fine

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 06, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Nice small almond shaped tablet, easy to swallow and effective form of niacin.

Helps my mood

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 24, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I haven't used any other niacins, no yes i have some niacodine and it was not strong enough. This one, makes me mentally more positive and happier. I usually take just a half pill a day with meal. It gives me the flush but i read that niacodine does not give it but is harmful. This is more natural. Thank you for this great product!

I feel great!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 21, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have noticed since taking this great product that my moods are far more balanced. After watching foodmatters I tried it and am super happy I did! : )

Great flush - good for hair growth and joints

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 22, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Sometimes I take two of this tablets. Before taking them, I eat a little bit food. A short time after, there´s a great flushing, and my skin feels very warm. This flushing increases the blood circulation in the body. Because of this, also the blood circulation on the scalp is increased. So this is a good protection against hail loss. Its also good for the joints. Sometimes I take two tablets before doing sports. Then I feel, that my knees and other active joints become very warm. This process helpts the joints to get healty, and to get rid of problems and pains. I prefer this product, because it causes a fast good flush, which ist necessary to reach an improved blood circulation. The niacinamide (non flushing) doesn´t support these (blood circulation) advantages! Also time released pruducts dosen´t support the "blood-circulation-effect" so well.

Great product

Posted by Jodi-Hummingbird on Jan 31, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Great price too. My only issue is that they are not scored!

Niacin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 18, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Good quality, good packaging. No taste which is handy. These pack a punch for me - I get tingly skin and sometimes a light rash (Niacin flush). To me that shows it's working and the side effects don't last long - maybe 20 mins. I tried Niacin-Amide to avoid the flush but couldn't tell how much I needed, so ended up taking too much and vomiting. Not so fun, so I'm a fan of Niacin and the flush so it's easy to see how many to take.

niacin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 18, 2011 | Verified Purchase

ver potent

this is the flushing niacin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 05, 2010 | Verified Purchase

My doctor told me to start taking the "flushing" niacin to help with my cholesterol. I go back next week to get my lab work done, so I will find out then if it is helping. Wish me luck!

1 2