terrible niacin flush

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 24, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have used this exact brand of time release niacin for 4 year now and until now never had a problem with them. I have gotten a horrible burning itching flush for about 30 minutes every day for the last 9 days since I started these new pills. What's up, it never happened before and it's supposedly the same brand.

Carlson changed this formula - now TERRIBLE FLUSH

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 01, 2011 | Verified Purchase

My dad and my fiance have both been using niacin time for several years. After being very hard to find for months, it came back but the formula has changed. I compared the old tablets to new and even the shape is slightly different. This new formula has TERRIBLE FLUSHING. Intolerable. Had to throw it out.

Carlson Labs time release niacin

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 11, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I could not use this product, it gave me severe headaches at night. I am going back to my 1000 ml twice a day of "flush" niacin

A poor product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 25, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This product is not flush-free as it purports to be. Furthermore, I mentioned this product to my doctor and he said time-release niacin had been proven to cause liver damage. I discontinued using this product after three days, when the skin flush on my legs became clearly visible and itchy.

It has helped lower my cholesterol

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 11, 2010 | Verified Purchase

My doctor recommended this brand. Taking 2 500mg tablets daily for a year has dropped my total cholesterol by over 30 points. More importantly, it has helped (along with l-lysine and l-proline) to lower my lippoprotein A to a far safer level.

Carlson Niacin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 20, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Have been using this brand for several years and have experienced no side effects or flushing. I am glad to have found a source for it at iHerb since my local Safeway doesn't carry it any longer.

Amazing Product!!!!

Posted by bhaktaboy on Oct 02, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Recommended to me by Dr Sherry Rogers via a phone consultation. Take 2 a day and have NO flush. Boosts circulation without the flush. Have been taking for two years and haven't looked back. Highly recommend!

very unhappy with product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 03, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Although this product claims to be "No Flush", my husband is experiencing extreme flushing. Carlson did offer to refund the money spent if the flushing does not stop and/or if he is not happy with the product.

Does the trick

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 02, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I need to take niacin for to lower blood fats, and this is the only version I'm able to tolerate at all. I flush very easily. I still can flush with this version if I don't drink enough water, and so far I'm only able to one pill (500 mg), but I have hopes of being able to increase tolerance over time.

This product is very good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 26, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Ive been using Carlson Niacin Time for a month now to lower my cholesterol and haven't experienced any major flushing. I make sure I have it after a meal and take it early evening so not sure if thats what helps with the no flushing, I also make sure I am always hydrated. I made a huge mistake once taking it with sparkling water and took it before bed which woke me up in the night with major stomach burning - I will never be making that mistake again. I will be checking my cholesterol levels again in 2 months time and will see if it helps.

1 2