HEAVILY PERFUMED! I have MCS & this smell is overpowering, TOXIC & SYNTHETIC to me!

Posted by PurplePegasus on Jan 23, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Sorry for the title caps, but I'm trying to warn others here. If like me you have severe MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivities aka a trivial name for life-threatening allergies to synthetic chemicals) you will want to pass on this one. I'm sorry for the 1 star review but it is that bad! I just received my huge iHerb package and as soon as I opened it, it reeked of synthetic flowery chemicals which triggered my symptoms!! Since I used to buy this item in the late 80's/early 90's, (way before my illness), I was so sure this wasn't it and I was pretty distressed trying to place it: I thought my safe laundry detergent had been stored in the warehouse next to fragranced synthetic ones but no, it's fine. I thought it was the EO spray, but no: Aura Cacia is natural and lavender is not toxic to me. Plus I sprayed it and I'm fine, no symptoms. Incredulously, I finally smelled this container: it's the noxious culprit! I can't go near it, I had to bag it so that it doesn't waft in my small home. Unfortunately, iHerb had not put this one in a plastic baggy. Mind you, the weather is very cold and this only traveled for one day! That's how toxic and overpowering this scent is that it still took over the entire package and made everything smell so terribly toxic to me! So, I'm sorry for not reviewing the powder itself but I can't; I'm not opening this at all, will return it to iHerb. I'm having bad luck finding a good non-toxic body powder. The coconut one does not trigger my MCS symptoms but I still can't take that overpowering "per-fumes" either, although that one is natural. This says "natural fragrance" but as we in the organic community know, "natural" means nothing at all and some unscrupulous companies get away with labeling toxic items as such. If you have a baby, please don't use this on him/her, even if you can! This is not safe to them and babies have a delicate system. Please do not use near pets either, too toxic and dogs and other animals have a very sensitive nose. This will only work for those who regularly use drug store brands, it's heavily perfumed. I wish I had known and saved me the hassle, but my pain is your gain: now you know this won't be safe for you either if you have MCS.

Great

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 06, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I was happy to find a baby powder with no talc. Works great as a dry shampoo for blondes, has the same ingredients (Arrowroot, Kaolin Clay) as expensive dry shampoo brands.

Dry shampoo

Posted by mittens55 on Jul 07, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Use this as dry shampoo, works well on blonde hair, smells great. Nice to know there are no chemicals in it! However I am not a fan of the container - it's paper so be careful not to get it wet. The top dispenser is also a bit annoying, I end up wasting a bit of product after each use - not a big problem though!

I like it

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 27, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This powder smells like normal johnsons baby powder, and feels very similar, but does not have talc or anything else bad in it. It is important to me that I use all natural products on my son when he gets here, and I have used it a few times on myself already.

Not impressed

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 12, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Bought this based on all the good reviews. Found the smell a bit funky, not comfy and baby like. I also experience a grainy feel when I apply. Not what I expected and won't repurchase.

Great !

Posted by OrganicGirl on May 31, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Fine texture, smells really nice, great price and all natural. It works surprisingly well as deodorant. Be aware Orange and particularly Lavender fragrance can irritate your skin, even if the fragrance is natural. That is the reason I prefer Nature's Paradise Coconut Baby Powder. Feel free to visit my page (click on my name) for more reviews.

great product, great service

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 27, 2010 | Verified Purchase

the product itself is the most perfect powder ever for baby or adult, no matter what your condition. the shipping and customer service at this store is absolutely the ideal experience with internet shopping.

kaolin clay haha as bad as talc속았네!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 11, 2013 | Verified Purchase

TAKE A CLOSE LOOK AT YHE INGREDIENTS OF THIS DAM POWDER. I'M GONNA THROW TWO BOTTLES OF THIS FIRST THING IN THE MORNING!IT'S NOT SAFE AT ALL. IT CONTAINS KAOLIN CLAY.JUST GOOGLE IT! 카올린흙가루에는 알루미늄도 들었다는데...탈크없다고 덜커덕 믿고샀는데 정말욕나오네 자세히 성분읽어보세요 흡힙하면 치명타인 유해물질로 마스크써랍니다 검색해보니

Rough texture & Strong Smell

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 02, 2017 | Verified Purchase

This was the cheapest of the 3 non-talc powders I bought. Had a strong herbal smell, very much like a Asian supermarket. The texture was not smooth like other talc and non-talc powders I've tried. Rather course and clumpy. When dispensed, it left a cloud of 'dust' that lingered in the air longer than normal. Choked and coughed when inhaled.

Smells nice

Posted by australia on Apr 28, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Great as a dry shampoo, much cheaper than the Acure one.