Country life Bone Solid

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 05, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I am surprised to read in the product description:"vitamins K1, K2 and D3 are added in generous amounts". Country Life emailed me that they actually include ONLY 11mcg of the expensive proven form of Vitamin K2 (MK7) menaquinone-7. MK-7 is vital in getting calcium into the bones instead of between the joints where it will add to arthritis. You need 45mcg to 200mcg per day. K2 menaquinone-7 is the only form of K2 proven by research to build strong flexible bones. Research, especially by a Dr in Holland, shows the other forms of K2 are just not proven to build bones. K1 is extremely cheap and does nothing more than clot blood, while K2-menaquinone-7, being made by fermentation, is the hardest of all to come by, and is very expensive: that's why they only have 11mcg! I also DO NOT appreciate that these have magnesium oxide in them. This is the cheapest, stingiest form of magnesium and is not well absorbed. - This and the stingy amount of MK-7 make me very suspicious of the good intentions of this company. They are a little more expensive than the Now brand Bone Strength - 9.21 cents compared to Now's 7.6 cents. BoneSolid has a lot more Boron. Taking either of these companies' bone builders, you will also need seperate K2 in its MK-7 version. Good news is that Iherb sells other brands that tell you exactly how much K2-menaquinone-7 they have: Drs. Best Calcium Bone Maker has 80mcg of Mk-7, Alive has 100mcg of Mk-7 Garden of Life has 100mcg of Mk-7.

Magnesium oxide ruins the product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 02, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This product bought for its stated purpose, bone health, worked well for a few weeks or less and the I got "the runs" and had to figure out why and after consulting one book after another concluded it was the magnesium oxide. Actually if you read ADAPTOGENS in Medical Herbalism by Donald R. Yance, a superb reference you would not want to miss, you will find that magnesium is essential to bone health and health in general and most people are deficient. Magazine oxide is not only poor digested but often results in diarrhea. I had not bought a Country Life supplement in a very very long time. I will not soon forget and not buy another.

Bone Solid

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 29, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I discovered this from watching DROz, he advised to increase magnesium and I cant believe how this along with L-Glutimine works I feel less pain and I only will take pain relievers maybe once a month some days are not good.

Good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 28, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I use it by turns with the "Bone Strength" of Now. They are both helpful and the whole combination of their ingredients make your body absorb calcium.

Nice!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 21, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I like this Bone Solid because it contents lots of minerals for keeping bone healthy. Both I and my 10 year girl take a few tablet daily..

Country Life, Bone Solid

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 17, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I'm just getting started on this product, but have found it easy to digest, and look forward to positive results from taking it.

Good for the bones

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 09, 2015 | Verified Purchase

It takes a lot of things besides calcium to help keep bones solid, and to rebuild if you have lost bone density. I believe that Bone Solid is a very good product.

helps with DEXA results

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 20, 2012 | Verified Purchase

has been effective in helping to maintain good DEXA results.

Easy to take, good ca/mg balance, high vitamin k

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 25, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I like this brand of supplements (it is one of the few I've trusted) and the price compares very well to other bone builder brands. The generous vitamin K dose was one of the deciding factors for purchase since I've wanted to give this a vitamin a try. I do take about an extra 200mg of Mg in the morning since I'm one to get constipated when taking a 2:1 of Ca:Mg. Will write another review after my next bone density scan.

My rating of Bone Solid

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 12, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Fantastic, and your prices, including postage are terrific!!!