No other Cal/Mag Formula is better absorped and tolerated

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 05, 2010 | Verified Purchase

As a nutritionist, I have been recommending and taking this formula for over 15 years. I know when a client takes Target-Mins Cal/Mag, they are taking a product which is highly absorpable and contains the body's natural calcium/magnesium ratio (2:1). The minerals are of excellent quality and time after time, my clients get the results they are looking for.

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Apr 24, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This is a pretty good calcium/magnesium formula since it uses amino acids to bind to the cal/mag so that it can be absorbed through the intestine wall instead of getting pas sed out. The weights are labelled in their elemental weight. Many cal/mag products do not state the elemental weight so it is hard to tell how much weight there are. The ideal ratio of cal/mag should be 1:1 since magnesium has many other uses (over 300 metabolic functions) as compared to calcium. This product uses 2:1 which isn’t too bad. The tablets are vegan and horse pill size so people might find it hard to swallow. The product also contains unusually many binders and flow agents. A healthy bone consists of many other minerals as well so it’s important to take trace minerals as well. Taking purely cal/mag over a long time will make the bone harder but more brittle as well if the trace minerals are not available. This is best taken with food as well since calcium requires strong acid to break down before absorption. For the best calcium/magnesium formula, try the food based minerals from Garden of Life, New Chapter or MegaFood. They might be more expensive but it’s definitely better. Pricewise, this is very cheap and lasts 3 months so stick to this if you are on budget. Check out my page for more reviews!

Great joint helper

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 22, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I'm only 24 yrs old, and am healthy, but I was hearing slight cracking in my ankles and knees as if the joints were a little dry. Taking this product has added lubrication in the joints, because that sound I heard often heard went away.

Fast service from Iherb!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 07, 2010 | Verified Purchase

One tablet and 5,000 UI D3 provide everything a woman need to prevent osteoporosis.

K Schrader

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 30, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I workout everyday and I'm 56 years old. I feel taking this supplement and exercise will keep me from breaking my bones if I live to be in my 70's and on. It also does a great job in helping me get my Z'sssssss.

Vinegar Test

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 10, 2009 | Verified Purchase

We tried the vinegar test on the calcium and found it didn't disolve.

good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 15, 2010 | Verified Purchase

hard to swallow but still good. i bought this for cymbalta withdrawal process. and using 2 tablets at morning..

The tablet size is rather big

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 20, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I bought this because of its ingredients - it has 500mg of calcium and 250mg of magnesium for every 2 tablets (recommended dosage: 600mg of Calcium & 400mg Magnesium - read an article from Dr. Oz website). After 2 weeks of taking this supplement, I notice my nails are much stronger than before :) I just wish that the tablet size is smaller.

Great

Posted by josealarcone on Dec 08, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Nice

Great product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 27, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have been using this product for some time and feel it is excellent. It also has phosphorous in it and since I don't drink any soft drinks (which contain phosphorous in them, and since I have osteoporosis, I feel this is better than calcium citrate alone. Magnesium is also supposed to help your bones and it has other benefits. I am likely to continue ordering this product. The large size is economical also.