You need to try this product - I switched to Country Life DLPA...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 21, 2008 | Verified Purchase

After feeling lethargic off-and-on for about a month, I suspected the product quality of my former brand of DL-Phenylalanine was not consistant. So I began testing other brands. Price was not a major factor - I just wanted a product that worked and offered consistant product quality and results. I found it - thanks iherb for offering a great product at an excellent value.

Talk about a HAPPY pill!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 01, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I took this DLPA to get rid of my coffee addiction. It worked. Within 5 days I went from 12 oz+ coffee each morning (without it I could not manage at all) to zero coffee. I only had to take one pill each morning on an empty stomach (don't take it later... it makes you alert enough you may have trouble falling asleep). The only way I can describe how it made me feel, is that my world went from 2D to 3D. Seriously. It felt like my brain is 10 years younger (I'm 28). I started having memories from the past and really vivid (good) dreams. It made me nicely alert without that jittery feeling from caffeine. I also slept better as long as I took it first thing in the morning and not the afternoon (took it at 3pm once and then had trouble falling asleep).After about 2 weeks the effect started wearing off, but I take that to mean that I don't need it anymore. Today is my first day off and I feel fine, but I'm keeping this on hand for days I have any pain or feel down. It worked great for eliminating some back and shoulder pain I had as well, also eliminated PMS symptoms. I'm raving about this to all my friends. The research I did online was a bit confusing about any possible side effects, and it's not something I feel confident enough in to take daily - but it sure does work awesome and I did not feel any side effects while I was on it. Going to do more research on it and will consider it to keep the winter blues away next winter, probably at a lower dose though.

So far the best.

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 16, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I've tried many different brands of DLPA, but so far this the best. The dosage is perfect AND it comes with B-6 which helps the DLPA convert to Tyrosine. I also take 500mg Ester-C to also aid in the conversion.

Couldn't Live w/out This

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 20, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I've used four different brands of DLPA over the past five years for treatment of my depression. And although the others are helpful, I am just so much better when taking Country Life. It's like I'm myself again.

DLPA by Country Life is exactly what I needed!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 23, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This is BY FAR my favorite supplement - without it I seem to feel life's pains so much more. With it, I feel my emotions are stable. Originally got turned on to DLPA by The Mood Cure by Julia Ross, and this is the dosage I seem to need ;-)

Country Life, DLPA Caps, 1000 mg

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 07, 2009 | Verified Purchase

We have been treating our severely arthretic 12 yr old Rottweiller/Sheperd dog. It has turned him into a puppy again. A HUGH thank you for this product! May it always be available.

No Need for Caffeine!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 02, 2007 | Verified Purchase

This product was suggested by my doc- has really helped my brain be sharp and active. no need for caffeine anymore!

Longtime DLPA Fan

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 20, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I have been starting my day with DLPA for years. A nice, clear, wide awake feeling. Wonderful.

Works Great, but...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 31, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I used 1 capsule with coffee every morning for about a month. It gave me an overall sense of well being, sort of instant anti-depressant. However, I slowly began to feel symptoms of Interstitial Cystitis return after 12 years of remission. After doing a quick PubMed search I discovered high concentrations of phenylanaline have been shown to aggrevate symptoms of IC. In my case it brought them back. I stopped the DLPA and symptoms are now subsiding. Too bad. I'll miss it.

Great Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 20, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This product not only brightens my mood, but alleviates the stiffness and pain in my fingers.

1 2 3 4