Dry Vitamin D - Love it!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 22, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Impossible to find Vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol) in Canada. As a vegan and as someone who takes Vitamin D, along with calcium, to manage my osteoporosis I really appreciate being able to order this. I especially appreciate the dosage available with this particular product. Love it!

Dry vitamin D 1000 IU

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 21, 2007 | Verified Purchase

Tried other types vitamin D & couldn't get blood levels up but this one seems to be working without upsetting my system.

Vegetarian Vitamin D

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 04, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I was very pleased to find a vegetarian vitamin D. The product was offered at a good price and arrived promptly.

Perfect for those with malabsorption issues

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 20, 2006 | Verified Purchase

I have problems digesting fat so this product is amazing for me. I take one tablet every day and have never had any problems with it. Also an excellent value

Mrs CG

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 13, 2008 | Verified Purchase

this is great, I keep my fair skin out of the sun, to take this ensures my levels of Vitamin D

Synthetic product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 27, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have just been advised by reputable sources and research that Vit D should be taken in the same natural form as in the body. Vitamin D as cholecalciferol (D3) rather than ergocaciferol (D2). I will have to change my previous review on this product. A very important pro-hormone and neuro steroid instead of just a vitamin and the best source should be provided in supplementation. We do know that the Sun is our best provider.

Vegetarian

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 17, 2011 | Verified Purchase

We use this because it is vegetarian, but we wish it came in a higher dosage.

first time user

Posted by naturalrecovery on Jul 24, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Didn't realize ergocalciferol was being manufactured by vitamin companies--it is the superior form for people who do not have the liver/kidney enzymes to naturally produce the active vitamin D hormone. I have been taking this form for years now, and feel much less bone pain, hot flashes, and immune system is just a little better...we will see over time if this brand is the same as the other I was taking. Update June 2012--over time the benefits of taking this form of Vitamin D (D-2) have been cumulative. I ran out once, and what a difference within a few days! Another small miracle.

All good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 28, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Good price, decent dosage, and most importantly vegan!

Works

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 16, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I am able to have my vitamin D levels tested quarterly, and I believe Country Life really works based on the results.