Great for herpes virus

Posted by Reviewer1836146 on Jun 14, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This l-lysine helped me to get over the shingles. It worked better than any homeopathics I tried. I had them for over a year, and I took this daily and was over them within a month.

Does not seem to make a difference

Posted by 5337363683637102684 on Dec 07, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I tried this for genital herpes for almost a year. Took 1-2 tablets every day(i'm a petite woman) and doubled/tripled the dose when i could feel an outbreak coming and during the outbreak. But it didn't seem to make any difference. Stopped using it, and I have not had an outbreak in a while(of course I guess this is just a coincidence) Maybe it only works for Mouth Herpes...

Very Good

Posted by Reviewer1092278 on Nov 15, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Excellent product and a great value. Good for the heart if taken with vitamin C.

Excellent product

Posted by 5602667518288181857 on Sep 02, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I have used this particular brand of L-Lysine for years as it is so effective at preventing painful canker sores on my lips when out in the sun too long or during times of stress. It includes the B vitamin required for proper absorption, which is great so I don't have to buy a supplement just for that reason. I used to get the sores a couple of times a year - now it is maybe 1x every 5 years. I take just 1 pill per day.

A shame of the added b6

Posted by Reviewer1458229 on Apr 29, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Can't buy this anymore, because there's added b6. B6 is already in my daily multi-vitamin supplement and it's easy to get too much b6 in your system. And too much B6 can be harmful. Really a shame, because the L-Lysine is really good!

Good price.

Posted by Reviewer1988938 on May 11, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Large amount for good price. Product works great to support the body's immune system.

Big Pills that Work Well.

Posted by Reviewer2202799 on Apr 14, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Have been using Country Life for about a year now and we love them. Very effective.

Cold Sore Remedy

Posted by Reviewer1758213 on Mar 21, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I find that taking L-Lysine, 1000mg daily help stop cold sores on my face, if I do get a infection after having the flu for example I take 3000mg a day untill the infection goes.

Helps with cold sores

Posted by Reviewer1595172 on Feb 23, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I've found that this (which also has B-6) is one of the best preventatives (along with a good probiotic) to keep cold sores away.

Excellent Lysine

Posted by Reviewer2135469 on Jan 29, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Country Life is consistently high quality.

1 2 3