Immune Boost

Posted by Reviewer1011584 on Oct 26, 2009

Worked in conjunction with other herbs to treat bronchitis. Absolutely outstanding results, this product is more powerful than I can describe. My lungs feel better than I ever thought they would, and the damage from a year of smoking was almost immediately relieved. When you are coughing up tar, that tastes like tobacco, and you haven't smoked in months, you know it's a powerful product.

This is not vegetarian

Posted by Reviewer3340759 on Jun 16, 2008

While the capsules are vegetarian, what's inside really isn't. The NAC here is made from duck feathers, or so I was told by a representative at Country Life. I imagine this is why the product description does not actually say "vegetarian" (although it would be nice if they made this point clearer). NAC, perhaps other amino acids as well, is often made from things that do not fit with vegetarian or other dietary requirements (e.g., pig bristles, bird feathers, and it appears even human hair has been used), so it is very important to check that the product is indeed 100% vegetarian before ordering, as I wish I'd done here. I instead recommend the Solgar brand of NAC, which I've used before and know is 100% vegetarian. (I think Bluebonnet has vegetarian NAC as well, but I'm not familiar with it.)

I highly recommend this product.

Posted by Reviewer2791228 on Jan 30, 2010

This brilliant product brought about a turning point for the better with my health after taking it for 3 months with L-Gluthathione and L-Carnitine along with CoQ10 for chronic fatigue and poor immune system.

Like it.

Posted by Reviewer2039475 on Oct 26, 2010

This product seems to help me clear my mind. I use it specifically with DMSA, Alpha Lipoic Acid and vitamin C for the chelation of heavy metals.

Great product!

Posted by Reviewer2311458 on Jan 29, 2009

I first took this in Italy when I had a bad respiratory infection. The pharmacist gave it to me. It really helps to keep lungs clear and sinus clear by keeping mucus loose.

clear lungs

Posted by Reviewer2265092 on Sep 30, 2009

I had a toxic exposure a few years ago and have been experimenting with various supplements, especially to help with asthma and congestion of my lungs. I find that NAC is helpful in this regard and I keep it on hand always, in case I feel a cold coming on.

Pleasantly Surprised

Posted by Reviewer2378529 on Sep 11, 2009

I started taking this after reading up on treatments for PCOS. Since it's only been a month, I can't say what effect it has had on my hormones yet. I have, however, noticed very obvious nail growth/strength, which I wasn't expecting, but am pleased about. Not being one for acrylic nails, I was waiting on mine to all grow out long and even to paint them. I'd get most of them grown out and then they'd start splitting. My daughter is 3.5 years old and this week she saw me with painted fingernails for the first time! I imagine that with time I will notice a difference in my hair as well, since cysteine constitutes both nails and hair.

amazing

Posted by Reviewer3165954 on Jan 05, 2010

I started taking this for general health and was amazed that the swelling in my right hand knuckles went down so I could wear my rings once again. It had been several months since I could wear them. I was truly amazed and now will not be without this product.

Love this product

Posted by Reviewer1251902 on Jun 23, 2010

Have always found this has made a big difference to my lung power and coughs which I very rarely get now. This has also helped a friend of mine who has emphasemia.

Most Potency at 750

Posted by ellelisw on Feb 19, 2011

Country Life's BioChem N-A-Cysteine has the most potency per capsule compared with the other brands here on iHerb. Guaifenesin for bad chest congestion was giving me bad side affects and not really helping... I was desperate, willing to try anything, got online and looked for help. I sipped a glass of unsweetened lemon water with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in it, took some NAC, and am feeling much better. Not cured, but at least breathing comfortably without the dizziness and negative impact on my kidneys. Remember to cycle isolated amino acids (one month on, one off, or as recommended by HCP) as extended use can affect protein/amino acid synthesis in the body.