Good product

Posted by Reviewer2949453 on Jun 19, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I've tried non-R form ALA, all of them make my urine smell funky, I guess I'm one of those who can't metabolize sulfa very well-when I eat asparagus, my urine also have the same funky smell.You may not notice the difference when you are on biochem ALA, but when you stop taking it, you will notice your blood sugar fluctuates

Better than Alpha lipoic acid

Posted by Reviewer1740852 on Oct 23, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I took the cheaper alpha lipoic acid before but it gave me a nauseating feeling. This one suits my stomach. I take it to quench the extra free radicals generated by increased mitochondria activity due to other supplements. However, I've read reports saying that it can cause grey hair and hair loss if not taken with biotin.

Jose Canales

Posted by Reviewer2219384 on Sep 12, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have been takin this product for over 3 months now and is remarkable the results in my quality of life.

Excelent product

Posted by Reviewer1324878 on Apr 09, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Great for lowering blood sugar type I diabetic as well as type II

Last few bottles have been polymerized (hardened)

Posted by Reviewer1412707 on Mar 03, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I've been using this for a while, and had been very satisfied. I normally open the capsules and take the powder in divided doses. I immediately noticed something was different with some recently purchased bottles: the contents of the capsules -- in all four recently purchased bottles (all same batch number) -- were essentially solid, instead of the normal loose powder. It was possible to sort of "mush" the solid mass and turn part of it into powder, but only part. The rest was hard clumps. I noticed something else: the normal "bite" on the tongue I notice when taking the powder was mostly -- though not entirely -- absent. I described this to a friend of mine who's a chemist who said that ALA is extremely heat sensitive, and that the shipment probably became "polymerized," and was now mostly worthless (though not dangerous at all). IHerb's excellent customer service refunded my money, so no complaints about IHerb. But I'll be switching to a diff. brand of ALA.

A wonder pill

Posted by Reviewer3360459 on Jan 03, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This along with Co Q-10 and Carnitine have saved me from the constant pain of Post Polio Syndrome. It took about 8 months of religious use but it now keeps the pain away as long as I follow the reccommended dosages for PPS.

Works well for cognitive function and heavy metal detox

Posted by arvindelapaz on Nov 08, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I've been mercury toxic for several yrs now and only discovered it because I suffered from different kinds of mental/learning disorders from those yrs. I can't explain it in details but there are times I'm having severe short term memory loss but my anxieties are calming down after taking this for a week, I've been experimenting my right dosage and followed Andy Cutlers protocol; it seems I can tolerate up to 2 capsules (200mg) every 3hrs w/o any adverse detox reactions. The most noticeable results are my face discoloration/redness is slightly slowly fading away and is being restored. I'll update later after I re-order.

Highly recommended

Posted by Reviewer3114870 on Dec 04, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This is a high-quality supplement which works as advertised. I have just one issue with it: I want the glass packaging back! Since Country Life switched to plastic packaging I don't consider it kosher anymore (plastic bottles result from polluting the planet). I loved the glass bottles. It was a hallmark of Country Life. I originally picked their products over others because they were the only ones in glass. A word of caution: if you suffer from heavy metal toxicity you cannot use this supplement. R-lipoic acid should _not_ be used for chelation. Chelate with Alpha lipoic acid.

Wonderful

Posted by Reviewer1337997 on Aug 07, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I feel young again!!

Reduces oxidative stress!

Posted by Reviewer2346507 on Jul 21, 2012 | Verified Purchase

R-lipoic acid helps maintain optimal blood sugar levels by helping the body to use glucose.